Problems with Ironman Lift, 2014 WK2 - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2021
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Ironman Lift WK2

I got the 0-300kg rear and 0-50kg front on my 2014 Diesel Laredo (No bull bar or winch, just Offroad Animal Tow hooks) even though the catalogue recommends 50kg+ front for Diesels in Jan 2021. Measurements were similar to those mentioned in this thread but the front was high with minimal to no rake. Finally got away to Vic High Country on weekend and I must say a lot of knocking / rattling. Is this normal?
Old 01-03-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,926 Times in 2,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das View Post
I got the 0-300kg rear and 0-50kg front on my 2014 Diesel Laredo (No bull bar or winch, just Offroad Animal Tow hooks) even though the catalogue recommends 50kg+ front for Diesels in Jan 2021. Measurements were similar to those mentioned in this thread but the front was high with minimal to no rake. Finally got away to Vic High Country on weekend and I must say a lot of knocking / rattling. Is this normal?
Not in mine, front has settled at 520mm, centre of hub to bottom of guard, did you upgrade the whole strut or just put new springs in the old strut ?? I replaced the whole strut including top plate, have found do the whole lot saves lots of stuffing around later on...... just replacing new spring to old strut means the strut stands a good chance of topping out...

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 02-03-2021
I just registered

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks Drover. Yes I replaced the front struts and springs. Rear springs with Nivomat shocks still. Complete Ironman kit. My measurements from centre wheel to top of guard are Front - 495 and Rear - 550 now. I put Falken Wildpeak AT3's on front in 275/65 R18 so not sure if the bigger tyre affects measurements??

I took my WK2 into Ironman today and they took it for a drive and heard the knocking. Checked and tightened everything and it fixed it. Whisper quiet now with no knocks. I hope it doesn't start again as I guess it means something is loosening.
Old 02-03-2021
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 106 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Drover. Yes I replaced the front struts and springs. Rear springs with Nivomat shocks still. Complete Ironman kit. My measurements from centre wheel to top of guard are Front - 495 and Rear - 550 now. I put Falken Wildpeak AT3's on front in 275/65 R18 so not sure if the bigger tyre affects measurements??

I took my WK2 into Ironman today and they took it for a drive and heard the knocking. Checked and tightened everything and it fixed it. Whisper quiet now with no knocks. I hope it doesn't start again as I guess it means something is loosening.
Good to see that you had a good outcome from Ironman. I was thinking about getting their setup as well. Keep us posted.
Old 03-03-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,926 Times in 2,318 Posts

Quote:

I would say the clunking might have been just the strut mount bolts needed a tighten up, once that bedded in, common enough.
Measuring from hub centre to bottom of guard means no matter what the tyre the measurement will be the same for all vehicles.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Das
Old 04-03-2021
I just registered

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Cheers thanks all. Happy the knocking is gone. The front is measuring at 505mm now. It's a good ride and gives me the clearance especially at the break over point for the erosion mounds in the High Country so no scraping / bellying out.
Old 04-03-2021
CrawlerStar

Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

Who did everyone get to fit their iron man lifts? I’ve heard they do the fitting for free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar
Post New Thread  Reply