My XJ Cherokee's...... - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2020
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts
Default My XJ Cherokee's......

I thought I would start a thread about both my XJ's as I was beginning to pollute the .... the return of the 99 thread with chat about the 96 and seeing the 99 is nearly finished .............
So am I a Collector .. Enthusiast .. or a Glutton for Punishment ?

I am still waiting on the post .. the Bezel for the 99 is MIA? UPS has no tracking since Sydney Airport on Fri 23rd of October ? Slack
On the other hand the Ignition kits from rockauto should be here Tomorrow!
"I hope I get a New Beer Fridge Magnet"
FedEx you can track to your door .... Slack UPS
I finally did the fuel filter on the 96 today I have been procrastinating about for ages .. I looked a few times and sort tried over the last few days and almost gave up and took it to the mechanics it would be easier on a hoist
The filter is in the normal XJ position But! all the LPG stuff and a new fuel tank position longer fill hose longer breather and LPG Lines
You would think when who ever installed the LPG might of had the brains to move the filter?
And having a disability doesn't help either .... But you cant let that shit get you down .. So I did it Today! What Fun I found it easier to change the Crank Sensor on the 99 one handed than do this scrapes and scratches blood every where from dragging my body under the Jeep
No room under the 96 with the gas tank and moved fuel tank and less room around the filter it took me over a hour and the Ants were ferocious I had to get the Missus to hold the last clamp the one on the hardline so I could tighten it .
What a Ordeal .. I had ants in my hair and in my undies Bastards I run a bath.... grabbed a Beer and got clean and refreshed

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Last edited by LuluBelle; 03-11-2020 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-11-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

I have a couple of health issues myself, and since having to take blood thinning medication, I have learned more than ever the importance of safety, planning, and preparation to get the job done while avoiding injury

its essential to make sure the ground surface is smooth..carpet sheets work fine

the shit I have to take for the moment is the proper shit that kills rats, so even the tiniest cut, and its like a slaughterhouse, work must cease immediately so the cut can be bound.

In addition, serious bruising results from any knocks or bumps, leaves your arms looking like some kind of junkie

neither of these is ideal, so great care must be exercised
Old 04-11-2020
AJOR Bronze

And now the Bezel arrives .......... I was hoping it might be grey like the interior but oh well .. I will put this away for the time being and do my homework on systems while I wait

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 04-11-2020
AJOR Bronze

And a couple of Beers later the Ignition Kits Arrive!
The 96 should be happy new fuel filter and ignition goodies
I will fit it to the 96 first as it is the daily driver and the 99 next I have to check the air con low pressure switch on the 99 while I fit the ignition kit .. and still have to glue the steering wheel ... I have done all the Big Stuff on the 99 and it wont be getting rego until next year now ... so there is no Rush on the last few bits
The Bezel didn't come with the necessary plugs and wires to plug into the harness ... But years ago I got a Bezel for the PT to change stereos and never used it it has the plugs for Chryslers from 1984 on ... so I can use that when the time comes..

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 04-11-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle View Post
And now the Bezel arrives .......... I was hoping it might be grey like the interior but oh well .. I will put this away for the time being and do my homework on systems while I wait

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
You should paint it. My interior is black and my bezel was silver. I very lightly sanded it and painted it with a spray can of Rustoleum from Bunnings. I used black, but they have greys and everything else. I painted it about five Years ago. No flaking or fading.
Old 06-11-2020
AJOR Bronze

That's no good Tony the Father in Law was on the Rat Poison bruises everywhere and scratches were a nightmare He give it the flick and started taking 100mg of Aspirin every day ..... But everyone's situation is different
Fishframe yes I thought about painting it No Bunnings out this way but supercheap online have heaps of touch up paints I just need a grey close to the dash colour .. no rush
I will fit the ignition goodies to both tomorrow and have a check on the 99's aircon
Other wise it is Hot! the house evap cooler just shit it self fan motor burnt out .......
At least I have plenty of Cold Beer
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 08-11-2020
AJOR Bronze

Any wonder the 96 was having stutters the rotor button is bent? when I took it out the shaft didn't seem to be loose? I think it just got hot cheap Chinese metal it deformed and was kneaded out of place every spin?
We are going to Barcaldine this week so when we return I will remove the dizzy and check for any wear or movement ..
Both are now running Spot On!

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Post New Thread  Reply