Whos the Rockhampton lad who thinks his TJ is a train then? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-11-2009
The Chook Whisperer

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Whos the Rockhampton lad who thinks his TJ is a train then?

Come on then,who is it?

POLICE could hardly believe their eyes when they arrived at a Rockhampton river to arrest a man who drove his car on a train track across a 500m bridge before getting stuck halfway.
In a moment of madness, the 20-year-old man allegedly attempted to cross the 10m-high Alexander Rail Bridge about 12.30am yesterday, after taking a wrong turn to avoid a police vehicle.
His four-wheel-drive Jeep made it more than 250m across the bridge, but he became stuck when the car got a flat tyre. Fortunately, there was no train coming at the time.
The man had travelled too far for a tow-truck to retrieve him, and the use of a crane was deemed too risky

So Queensland Rail was forced to bring in a train to shunt the vehicle to the other side of the bridge.
The incident meant the Tilt Train passenger service had to be delayed for more than five hours, much to the dismay of travellers.
The driver allegedly fled police but was caught in a nearby park following a foot chase.
He was charged with a transport infrastructure (rail) offence and with obstructing police.
A blood sample is being tested for suspected drink and drug driving.
"Considering our tragically high road toll, this was an incredibly silly and dangerous thing to do," a Rockhampton police spokesman said.
"He is very lucky there wasn't a train coming at him, and lucky he didn't fall over the edge because it's a very long drop to the rocks below."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...rom=public_rss
Old 22-11-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default nice try

ha ha ha just read it in the paper - page 34, someone here has to know him/her hahahahaha
Old 22-11-2009
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Should always carry a full sized spare when you're driving accross train bridges.
Old 22-11-2009
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Thats just sad ..... when you consider old series III landrovers used to get all the way across rail bridges ... when the floods were on prior to high level road bridges up and down qld coast.

Good Piccy though ....
Old 22-11-2009
i am the CIG

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

needs to booty fab a hi rail attachment for it

Proud member of the "She'll Be Right" Gang
yes LEZ is my brother
Old 22-11-2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A flat tyre stopped him, must have been to drunk to engage 4 low
Old 22-11-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Haha that's gold

Jeep looks very familiar but i don't know the driver, seen it being driven in anger quite a few times though.
Post New Thread  Reply