What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1552 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-05-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 95 Times in 63 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Sadly i havent done anything with mine apart from drive to work i way too long although she will be getting an oil change this weekend.

Have had way too much other crap on to even get her dirty. Sigh

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuieG View Post
And from the side. The hinge was made out of a solid steel tube and lathed to accept 2 taper roller bearings (generic size) that can be easily lubed for serviceability (I do have more photos of this if you're interested?)...

The weight of the carrier and what is supporting is transferred to the chassis rail via this plate...
I would love to see more pics of the hinge and bracket underneath the rear bar please

Quote:
From the left, no need for another ugly, noisy handle/latch...

Custom bracket sits where the original carrier was and the rose-joint and turnbuckles are connected to it, with the other end of them being connected to the back side of the carrier...

And more pics of the brackets on the rear door if you have any please

Thanks
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 04-06-2018
Established Member

Liked 49 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post
I would love to see more pics of the hinge and bracket underneath the rear bar please

Thanks
No worries man, I'll take some this weekend in the light
Old 07-06-2018
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default its in the driveway..:(

Other day I was driving around and bang overtemp comes up. Looking under the bonnet and the fan has come off. The coupling is still on the water pump and the fan and viscous fan is on the radiator..

Just wonder what time it take the repair manual indicates to remove and replace the fan assembly.. including the radiator cowl?
Old 15-06-2018
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 116 Times in 94 Posts

Changed oil and filter. Realigned led bar, it had come loose and drooped.
Old 19-06-2018
Established Member

Liked 49 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post

Thanks
Here ya go mate....

Sorry if the quality is a bit shit, I was in a rush!

From having it on there a couple weeks now it's become apparent that it won't be able to support the weight of the bike rack, so it's back to the drawing board for that. Because of the weight and the design of it, if you're on a slope it does lean/flex too much and you have to kind of 'lift' or 'help' the pin to slide onto that extra bracket. I now wish I'd gone for a larger diameter hinge and bearing setup to support the weight better. But I guess with custom stuff you don't know until you've done it, it's all trial and error.

Still yet to put the gas struts on which will make a difference too.
Old 19-06-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Here ya go mate....

Sorry if the quality is a bit shit, I was in a rush!

From having it on there a couple weeks now it's become apparent that it won't be able to support the weight of the bike rack, so it's back to the drawing board for that. Because of the weight and the design of it, if you're on a slope it does lean/flex too much and you have to kind of 'lift' or 'help' the pin to slide onto that extra bracket. I now wish I'd gone for a larger diameter hinge and bearing setup to support the weight better. But I guess with custom stuff you don't know until you've done it, it's all trial and error.

Still yet to put the gas struts on which will make a difference too.
Thanks so much for that!! Really appreciate it! Good tips on using a bigger spindle and bearing.

Maybe you could angle the lower/leading surface of that plate down a little so that when the pin/striker closes it can slide up into the closed position?
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Post New Thread  Reply