WK2 Bullbar - When ARB? - Page 53 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev. View Post
Now - if only you could lift it slightly to eliminate the bumper showing below the grill......

Kev.
I was thinking this too. However if you a CRD WK2, the Uneek bar is probably better the way it is now.

The intercooler for the turbo CRD is located high behind the grille. So if you are going to install lights on the bar, it would be better if they sat a bit lower so as to lessen the impact to airflow through to the intercooler. On the Uneek bar, the lights will sit a little bit lower than on the ARB and the ECB bars. And if you go with an LED light bar, then the impact will be even less.

Of course this isnt a consideration for the V6 and V8 petrols.
Old 06-09-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev. View Post
That looks really good! Would love to seeit on the vehicle!

Now - if only you could lift it slightly to eliminate the bumper showing below the grill......

Kev.
I agree...

The fat hoop looks much better but I would place an order tomorrow if the thing sat higher under the grill...
Old 18-09-2013
Established Member

Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattAJeeper View Post
Appears that first production run will be October - maybe an early Xmas present??
Hi Guys,
Anyone heard anymore on the ARB bar?

Cheers
Thommo
Old 05-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hmmmm...Want a winch on your WK2 and want someting other than ARB bar (when it gets here??) or ECB bar then this is another option and made to suit Aussie WK2.

Rocky Road WK2 Grand Cherokee Winch Mount and Bumper:

The mounting frame for the winch and bumper included in the WK2 Winch Mount kit.

ALL AUSTRALIAN, EUROPEAN, Asian, and African model Jeeps will require a tow hook kit which must
be installed at the time of the new Winch Mount system if your Jeep is not already equipped.

Good point is that this bar kit and winch can be mounted on Jeeps with Adaptive Cruise Control.

What do ya think???

Also this is worth watching.....Imagine wher the WK2 would go with a winch

Last edited by Wanderer; 05-10-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Default WK2 Bullbar - When ARB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Hmmmm...Want a winch on your WK2 and want someting other than ARB bar (when it gets here??) or ECB bar then this is another option and made to suit Aussie WK2.

Rocky Road WK2 Grand Cherokee Winch Mount and Bumper:

The mounting frame for the winch and bumper included in the WK2 Winch Mount kit.

ALL AUSTRALIAN, EUROPEAN, Asian, and African model Jeeps will require a tow hook kit which must
be installed at the time of the new Winch Mount system if your Jeep is not already equipped.

Good point is that this bar kit and winch can be mounted on Jeeps with Adaptive Cruise Control.

What do ya think???
Great looking bit of kit. Even considered it for mine, but pretty sure it will only fit the 2011 WK2 models and the 2012/3 Trailhawk models that have the standard American chasis.

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 05-10-2013
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 125 Times in 99 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
There already is an Aussie made winch bar on the market, did you miss it? http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...123466&page=51 http://www.uneek4x4.com.au/wk2-bull-bar-1/
Old 05-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Default WK2 Bullbar - When ARB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
There already is an Aussie made winch bar on the market, did you miss it? http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...123466&page=51 http://www.uneek4x4.com.au/wk2-bull-bar-1/
Here's a pic of the protype

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Post New Thread  Reply