Grand Willys Project - Page 71 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-11-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Looks good, not long until we see it sitting an all 4 tyres I hope.

BTW I used boiled linseed oil inside the frame on my CJ. No smell either and very sticky. Bought it at Mitre10.
Old 20-11-2012
Jeep Test Driver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is it weird that I get excited everytime there is an update?? Enjoying every little detail
Old 20-11-2012
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 125 Times in 99 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Need to subscribe. Too much to miss just by remembering to check!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Old 20-11-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Marcus,

I don't believe my eyes, in the 4th pic down, is that tools and other items on your floor?

Never seen that before, seriously your work area is amazing as are your skills, I hope you keep finding projects as following this is so addictive.

Last edited by Fat Chili; 21-11-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 20-11-2012
LokRinger

Liked 1,754 Times in 556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmcsh View Post
Where do you get the lanolin oil from? Is it just some inox or something special?

I am currently restoring a mini and just use a light coat of etch primer, but i like the idea of the lanolin oil...

And the weld through primer?? where do you get that from???

Cheers,

Ryan
Thanks for taking the time to comment guys.

Yes all the bare metal is coated with lanolin oil. Great stuff as does not smell like fish oil, can weld straight over it without cleaning it first, makes a great anti-spatter coating. Not sticky if you wipe off the excess straight away.
I use either the Lanox out of a 5 litre tin and a squirt bottle it comes with, or the lanolin in a spray can by Lanotec.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LANOLIN-GEN- ... 022wt_1041

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lanox-Lanoli ... 449wt_1139

Buy it at either Repco in the can or BCF for the 5 litre one. Haven't found the Lanotec in the big container locally yet like linked too.

The weld through primer can be hard to get but check Industrial supply places and Automotive paint supplies. The copper based one is supposed to be even better than the zinc one I use.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club

Last edited by Gojeep; 20-11-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 20-11-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

This project is awesome! I wish had the knowledge to pull off a job like this keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing the finished project!
Old 20-11-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjrob View Post
Marcus,

I don't believe my eyes, in the 4th pic down, is that tools and other items on your floor?

Never seen that before, seriously your work area is amazing as are your skills, I hope you keep finding projects as following this is so addictive.
Next thing you know it will be as messy as my shed....

Marcus, how will this beast compare weight wise with the stock GC?

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Post New Thread  Reply