Possible suspension issue? - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-09-2023
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 120 Times in 70 Posts

I've sent an email and some pics to Jeeps'R'Us, hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow. For now I'm going to enjoy my Sunday afternoon and pretend my Jeep doesn't exist.
Old 17-09-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 672 Times in 377 Posts

Might be an insurance job if you play your cards right? Are you sure you definitely didn't hit a pot hole?

Old 17-09-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

This is from the US, might help
https://www.jeepgarage.org/threads/t...-mount.226868/
Old 18-09-2023
Established Member

Got this from Richard at Jeeps'R'Us at 6:15 this morning. Can't fault their service, but I doub't I'll ever get the chance to do business with them.

Hi mate this usually happens when using OFFROADII , it over extends the air struts & overloads the front cradle mounts eventually ripping them out of the floor , the vehicle is a writeoff now , your best bet would be to part it out as the UNIBODY has been compromised

So according to him, they do this to themselves just by being in offroad 2. I almost never used offroad 2. The only offroading I've done was up a dirt road to my old office and I would put it in offroad 1 for the 2 shallow creek crossings.
Time to find out what kind of mess I'm in with the finance company and figure out how to get rid of it.

Last edited by Hookie; 18-09-2023 at 06:49 AM.
Old 18-09-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 371 Times in 210 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I'd be having a slow read through your insurance policy PDS to see what's covered then ring your insurance company
Old 18-09-2023
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Laredo View Post
I'd be having a slow read through your insurance policy PDS to see what's covered then ring your insurance company
I did over the weekend and it seems pretty clear that they're not interested in mechanical faults, but you're right, it may be worth a phone call. I did notice that it covers damage done intentionally by me.... Edit: Richard from Jeeps'R'Us also recommended calling my insurance. If I still had a Jeep he'd be getting all my servicing, seems like a top bloke.

Right now my plan is to talk to finance this arvo and figure out what I need to do to get their approval to cancel rego and insurance and sell it to a wrecker. I'm sure an auto-financer has to have some mechanism for mechanical write-offs.
Then find a wrecker that wants it and get it out of my driveway.

Also gotta talk to my boss about working from home a bit more. Down to one car and still a year of finance left on this one, so I won't be in a position to buy a new one any time soon.

Last edited by Hookie; 18-09-2023 at 07:23 AM.
Old 18-09-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 371 Times in 210 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I've seen quite a few vehicles listed over the years on the salvage auctions due to underbody damage etc. Looking at the vehicles from front side & rear they all looked OK but underneath they would have had similar damage. Most were listed as impact/mechanical & suspension/ underbody damage.

This is where a lot of wreckers go to get their vehicles. Is possible you could get yours listed here as well. If not covered by insurance then it won't be listed as a repairable or statutory write off but listed as having suspension damage ( full disclosure) written off vehicle register not applicable (WOVR NA):

https://www.pickles.com.au/damaged-s...tType.Vehicles.

Regards

Last edited by TR Laredo; 18-09-2023 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Extra info
Post New Thread  Reply