Proof that the Jeep Patriot doesn't have to be a poseur - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > MK Patriot
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-04-2010
i am the CIG

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skotup View Post
How low does jeep want to set the bar for an 'off roader' classification just so they can sell a few more with its trail rated 'package'. I call this brand personality abuse. By these standards if you're not driving an offroader these days there must be something wrong with you. Now we are comparing it to the old subaru? Well then yes, if we keep our blinkers on to imagine a world where only patriots and subaru's exist we can say the patriot is in the off roader basket. My mrs barina can go where that patriot's going if i were to modify it with nothing but lift + wheels. Lets declare the barina with its trail rated 'package' a short wheel based off roader. I see forums for the KK KJ XJ GC TJ JK and Commander. Nope, sorry, no patriot forum there on aus jeep OFFROAD.
(pulls out soap box) iin the good old days all jeep products had to be capable of doing the rubicon trail in the factory form
yes i know the trail has got harder due to erosion etc
but this sort of vehicle dosent belong in the trail rated catoregy
and neither does half the other crap they are making

Proud member of the "She'll Be Right" Gang
yes LEZ is my brother
Old 15-04-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skotup View Post
How low does jeep want to set the bar for an 'off roader' classification just so they can sell a few more with its trail rated 'package'. I call this brand personality abuse. By these standards if you're not driving an offroader these days there must be something wrong with you. Now we are comparing it to the old subaru? Well then yes, if we keep our blinkers on to imagine a world where only patriots and subaru's exist we can say the patriot is in the off roader basket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murray View Post
(pulls out soap box) iin the good old days all jeep products had to be capable of doing the rubicon trail in the factory form
yes i know the trail has got harder due to erosion etc
but this sort of vehicle dosent belong in the trail rated catoregy
and neither does half the other crap they are making

And theres the answer ....

Brand and Model .....

Kaiser & AMC etc ............... all made car models and Jeep models.

Chrysler on the other hand, made cars ... acquired the Jeep model ... turned it fully into a brand for marketing purposes, and stuck the Jeep badge on what should have been .....

Good chrysler softroaders proudly sold by Chrysler.

We can thank chrysler for the crap that goes on .... on the forum about the different newer models.
Old 09-05-2010
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

like the patriot so much i own 2, and i happily wave at the bigger brothers all the time, i laugh my head off when they have to wave back hahahaha, the ones that dont i just follow by giving them the bird teehee
Old 07-12-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Offroad capability

Hey its an ok 4wd its mainly the drivers skill that counts offroad. I have had the ole CJ6, Landrovers Jackaroo and now patriot. All are good.
Even a Renault FWD wagon got me up some steep stuff at back of Eildon.
But Ive seen mugs Bogged and broken driving sherman tanks
Old 11-12-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ

Trail rated patriot
im not feeling it
Old 12-11-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've got the 2010 2.4 cvt and it does everything I want. Handles reasonable trails, heavy corrugation, freeway rush-hours, and major trips to Bunnings with no problems or issues. Averaging low 9's now for fuel use. It's comfortable, looks great, so far completely reliable, and economical. It's nimlbe handling is outstanding on the road or light bush work - and it is a very stable platform at any speed. We love ours. Best we have had for many many years....Jeep has really done some intelligent design work and delivered an all-rounder vehicle that I think has very few peers at the price...
Old 14-11-2011
Renegade

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

There's always the guys that believe they've bought the only Jeep worth driving. Trail driving is only as tuff as you make it. Most extreme offroaders have to go to fabricated parks to watch their articulation. The real country is out ther, take your wheels and go find it...

2012 WK2 GC Overland CRD
Post New Thread  Reply