Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 330 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2017
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
You won't need the adjustable panhard bar for a 2" lift.
That can depend on a few factors.

I had a 2-2.5" lift with flexi coils, longer 4" Fox shocks, and was running 285/70/17 tyres on standard rims. With my combo I needed an adjustable front panhard rod to get the axle dead centre to stop the tyre side walls contacting the bottom lip of the coil towers and ripping the side walls out.

On the back I also found my drive shaft and rear diff flange could hit the fuel tank skid plate, and the sway bar links could hit the rims and tyres at full flex.

If the lift is on the smaller side of 2" and doesn't flex as much as the flexi coils then you probably won't see these issues. Just a case of try it and see once the lift is fitted.

You may also need to look at your bumpstops and make sure they are big enough for your lift and maybe increase them further if you find things like the swayer ends hitting the rear wheels.
Old 11-05-2017
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

True, in some situations you would need it but I believe Polehammer is running Maxxis 265s on standard rims and I'd doubt those shocks will larger than a standard 2" lift.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 29-05-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 27 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
New boots, 285/70/17 Pirelli Scorpion MTR. Running a custom 2" Lift with mopar springs, Rancho adjustables and other bits. Picked up the 5 tyres for $208ea fitted.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Where'd you get the tyres for that price in Melbourne? Got to get some myself soon but haven't seen any at that price yet!
Old 29-05-2017
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 125 Times in 99 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrpm View Post
Where'd you get the tyres for that price in Melbourne? Got to get some myself soon but haven't seen any at that price yet!
Tyreroola had them advertised online for $213ea plus fitting, Called Kmart tyre & auto Altona and they said they would beat it including fitting for $208ea. They just checked the Tyreroola price and said yep no probs otherwise they wanted $285ea. I see Tyreroola are out of stock now with no price listed though.

Last edited by Big Dave; 29-05-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 30-05-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 27 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Tyreroola had them advertised online for $213ea plus fitting, Called Kmart tyre & auto Altona and they said they would beat it including fitting for $208ea. They just checked the Tyreroola price and said yep no probs otherwise they wanted $285ea. I see Tyreroola are out of stock now with no price listed though.
Bummer. Fantastic price that's for sure!
Old 17-08-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Might be an obvious question here but any help appreciated.
I recently purchased a my17 wrangler unlimited sport. Now I got some funds to start changing things. Starting off with wheels.
I can't get the 2 inch lift otherwise it won't fit in the garage, and wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it in the street all night.
So deciding on going 285/70/17. The obvious question is where or how do I get those black jeep rims? Do people buy them, or sand back and spray their stock rims.
Old 17-08-2017
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 15 Times in 8 Posts

I painted mine about 12 months ago with Plasti-dip from supercheap. Has held up well, didnt bother sanding them. Just wiped them down with thinners first.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1502965381099.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	76232  
Post New Thread  Reply