KK 2.8 CRD Fuel Filter Changing - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-10-2016
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default KK 2.8 CRD Fuel Filter Changing

Hi , I've got a 2012 Jeep KK 2.8 Cherokee. After a bit of searching I found the filter location under a rectangle plastic cover on the passenger side. It looks to have two filters imbedded into a housing. Has anyone had any experience with changing these? Looks to be a Yellow release screw for bleeding as well? Any information would be muchly appreciated as I'm keen to do it myself.

Thanks
Old 19-05-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

This thread needs some photos,. I went looking, then read the service manual which said its behind the gearbox bash plate?? You get to it from under the vehicle?
Old 23-05-2018
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)
Default KK CRD Fuel Filter

I have looked everywhere in the engine bay for the setup pictured below, but have not been able to find it. I know what a filter and bleed pump look like because I have changed filters on my Rocky and Pathfinder many times, and they have setups like this.

So I cant help think I have the setup under the car like the WK Cherokee?

I ripped these pics from this video tutorial...
https://youtu.be/yXQHiye7Uog

The Mopar part number for ONE FILTER is 04726067AA. K&N is PF-4600, Ryco R2745P, Wesfil WCF203 (1Pk) or WCF195 (2 pk). Looks like some kits give you new screw in covers attached to the filters, some kits you reuse the filter cover, but get a new o-ring for it. Some you get 1x filter, needing 2x items purchased, and some come in a kit/set of 2x filters...so need to be careful comparing prices.

Last edited by Wiz.au; 23-05-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Old 25-05-2018
Established Member

Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts

Is the filter pictured up near heater hoses in this image of mine?

Last edited by major_magnet; 25-05-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 25-05-2018
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Doesnt look like anything I have seen in my engine bay. I'll know soon when I get under it for the service, and take some pics.

I think the yellow drain screw and two filters mentioned originally by Matt means we must have the same setup under the car as the WK.
Old 09-06-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default KK 2.8 CRD Fuel Filter Changing

No mate the twin filter setup is the right one. You can get the RYCO filters that fit the Colorado, that’s what I use on my 2011 CRD. It uses the same motor the BM Motori 2.8.

The location You found them in is the right place and you won’t need to prime them.

The are positioned under the passenger seat part of the under body and drop a far bit of diesels watch you eyes.

The new filters come with new rings as well.

Let me know if you have an issue it’s pretty easy to change and the ryco filters are heaps cheaper but same quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by CibbyDoc; 09-06-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-06-2018
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

I've bought Wesfil 195 2x filter kit from spares box for $40 shipped through ebay with a 'Pamper20' 20% off code, as Ryco's were $26ea at my Supercheap. Hmm, I have $31 Supercheap credit, and a spare fuel filter was a standard spare part Ive always carried on long trips. Getting a bad batch of diesel can really ruin your week, not just your day, with a CRD. I'm also going to put an inline filter after the pump on my aux tank, so only filtered fuel ever goes into my main tank. As I have the 'burp' issue quite bad, I now always fill the aux tank, then pump that into the main tank to avoid the burp splash. Ive read thete is a new GM hose I can fit to fix the burp...but this way I pre-filter all my fuel as well.
Post New Thread  Reply