KK snorkel - CRD and V6 - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-02-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

basically the KK is a KJ with a box around the body. There are a few slight mechanical changes, but most of it is the same
Old 26-02-2009

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggerfreek View Post
basically the KK is a KJ with a box around the body. There are a few slight mechanical changes, but most of it is the same

Interesting observation Digger.......
Old 26-02-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Both the KK and KA are closer to a KJ than most think... Thats why lifts were out so fast
Old 03-03-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts

So the KK and KJ are more or less the same framework and underbody setup?

The interior space and dimensions look vastly different. What tricks did they use to transform the paltry space in the cargo bay? Something else must have suffered as a result?

Ummm, .. where is the fuel tank??? With the spare being slung underneath, I see a definite after market swing arm wheel carrier being produced, and probably a larger or auxilliary fuel tank to go where the spare is situated right now.

Alternatively, you can carry two spare wheels/tyres - tailgate swing arm, under car, or even three [on the roof].

This car has many possibilities, but I think the thirst of the 3.7L is a handicap. A Simpson Desert crossing would require a rack full of Jerry cans, or, an aux fuel tank. On the other hand, given that Prado and the rest have gone to a 4.0L grunt, I think Jeep may as well drop the Powertech I6 into the engine bay.

The car needs to be jacked up as a factory default, and this should be offered at the current default price.

If someone wants a patriot or compass, or even the Nitro, they can go out and get it ... at a lower price.

Last edited by eksjay; 03-03-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-03-2009
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Well lets give the market some time to develop the products that people identify as needed, and are willing to support through orders and deposits. As far as a KK being a KJ in a box, it has nice value for the KJ people who now own the previous models, but all vehicle evolution is progressive usually based upon a platform carried forward. As I understand it the KK and Nitro are more alike than the KK and KJ, using the same unibody. The KK rear end is substantially different if CRDSTU is to be trusted (and trust him I do). I'm sure the KJ and KK guys at Camp Coffs will delve into this issue over a beer or two and have the vehicles side by side to compare (both in camp and on the trail).
Old 03-03-2009
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

KK has the real tranfer case, HI and Low, Nitros don't as far as I'm aware.

Fuel tank is mid-mounted, and from memory spare is under the back, not sur eif it IS a full size, Nathan will know. CRD would be the way to go. And IF ARB would actually get of their bums and make Bars for JEEPS ( hell I saw a Subaru Liberty the otherday with a snorkle - Front bar and Rear bar replacement with a spare tyre swingaway Probably the only guy every to buy them for his Suby, YET they made them!!!) , Front and REAR bars would be real sellers for the KK not only here but OS there are already buyers wanting them. And a rear tyre swing away, then put an Aux full tank where the spare was. Good news they are already doing a snork, Then with STU's lift, you would have quite a tourer come offroader. That extra 6inches in the back, geez, I wish the KJ had THAT!!!.

Rear end of the KK has a 5 link instead of the Trilink the KJ has. Could be the reason for the differences in max towing capacity.

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 03-03-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

19.5 gallon or 74 liters for tank size... yes it does have a 5 link rear end and not the tri link. the front clevis fork Is an inch taller, fuel tank is side mmounted, different t cases, different front diffs, A full sized spare is only included if it has a tow package or 18 inch rims....ect

The KK and KA(nitro) are built on the same unibody, how ever most of the unibody is still the same as a KJ

as far as The interior space and dimensions, yes a few things were moved such as the back seat which took away a little form the rear cargo area, but from this, this is how I cam up with a KJ in a box. If to "filler space" was used, the interior would be way bigger.