Saying thanks and goodbye - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiBren View Post
funny thing though... I didn't even get the LC200 off the lot and it had injector problems AND it was encumbered. When the dealer payed out the trade in value there was still money outstanding on the car. Part of the Toyota Certified Used Vehicle GUARANTEE is that all this stuff is thoroughly tested and checked to meet the high standards of Toyota.
Hang on, you bought a second hand LC200?

Buying any second hand 4x4 needs a proper independent mechanical review before you tip your cash into the till. Second hand 4x4's can look fine but can have been mechanically worn or damaged. Same goes for any 4x4 Toyota, Nissan, Jeep etc.

Hope it all works out!
Old 12-10-2017
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 819 Times in 460 Posts

A number of 200s including my mates new one have been diagnosed with injector and or injector pump timing problems. Shows up with pretty high fuel consumption.
Old 12-10-2017
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Talking

Good luck with the Cruiser, here is some inspiration.
Old 12-10-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 108 Times in 74 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
Good luck with the Cruiser, here is some inspiration.
That actually nice. I just hate the toyota concept of its interier designing - feels 80ish

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk
Old 13-10-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
A number of 200s including my mates new one have been diagnosed with injector and or injector pump timing problems. Shows up with pretty high fuel consumption.
Funny you should say that....
The benefit of buying from a dealer is (supposedly) the Toyota Certified Used Car guarantee. Part of this certification process is that the car is thoroughly tested and certified to be in great nick otherwise they sell it off wholesale.
Anyhow... long story but injectors are being replaced at Toyota's expense (only one actually not failing but not too far off) and after a healthy discussion I am getting the snorkel of my choice fitted for free and a couple other tid bits. From what I can tell there is definitely an issue with dust but supposedly snorkels help mitigate this.

and yes, it's second hand but it's got a further 100k klm 5yr warranty and it's only done 30,000klm. On top of that the local dealer is happy for me to run a Torque Converter Lockup without it affecting warranty (yes i will be getting that in writing). Now don't get me started on why a $100K car needs mods to make it run properly ... but moving on...

The jeep just doesn't have the room i need and since i won't ever mount anything to that roof again I am kinda out of options. The WK2 is by far the BEST car I have ever owned and I'm sure all the fam will shed a tear when it goes.
Old 13-10-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaz View Post
That actually nice. I just hate the toyota concept of its interier designing - feels 80ish

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk
Quite like these but not sure they would appeal to all when i trade in at a later time

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toyota-landcruiser-v200-front-bar.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	76494  
Old 13-10-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 201 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiBren View Post
The jeep just doesn't have the room i need and since i won't ever mount anything to that roof again I am kinda out of options. The WK2 is by far the BEST car I have ever owned and I'm sure all the fam will shed a tear when it goes.
Need to have a car that suits how you use it. The WK2 is a bit tight in the cargo area and after your experience with the roof rack. It just does not suit your needs. But a Toyota really
Post New Thread  Reply