Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? - Page 40 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-02-2014
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hills46 View Post
And I now have a spare FDCM which (after a week or so just to be safe) someone is welcome to if they want a test bed, or one to send away to be modded. Part # P56044199AM which is the QDII version.
I will get that off you if you still have it, will take to ozjeepster when I go to Coffs next month. I will pay postage just let me know how much.

Will PM you with post details.
Old 18-02-2014
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 158 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozjeepster View Post
Get them to clear the codes from the FDCM 20 times and it is not a legal requirement to have it done with out your knowledge , untill I realized that the update was disabling 4low I did it regardless as it was just an update but when the 3rd car fell over and I went looking for the reason and seen all the crap it was causing ona global scale I rang my DSM and we had a chat and came to the conclusion that I could explain to the customer what would happen if it was carried out I havnt done one since then the only issue we could see that could be a legall matter was if it hadnt been done and it some how managed to roll away and someone got hurt which is seriously not going to happen as we dont have the remote start option , so no more N23 updates happen from my station lol its a freekin nightmare .
Thanks for this, this is good to know. Makes me feel better that I don't have to fix something that ain't broken, or should I say, brake something that's fixed

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Hemi4WD
Facebook: http://goo.gl/85r51x
Old 18-02-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
I will get that off you if you still have it, will take to ozjeepster when I go to Coffs next month. I will pay postage just let me know how much.

Will PM you with post details.
Sorry Clarky. I actually just sold the car today and made the buyer aware of the issue and threw it in. Unfortunately I also learned today the dealer is predicting a May delivery on my new one so jumped the gun a bit selling it. Arrghhh.
Old 18-02-2014
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

All good, what we need is a software guru who can write code.
Old 19-02-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 130 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
All good, what we need is a software guru who can write code.
That's probably me. The tricky part is that some of the information needed is proprietary, only officially available via a licensing agreement with Chrysler. There seems to be unofficial ways around it, but I'd rather be very cautious. My Autoenginuity with Chrysler extension is on the way now... I think it'll help me make sense of things, and at-least have an easier way to physically connect to the FDCM.
My first approach would be to simply dump the 'old' firmware off a pre-N23 FDCM (I can use mine.) and flash that firmware onto an updated FDCM. Really need a spare updated one to experiment on though, would suck to mess someone's jeep haha. There's likely to be subtle differences in models or manufacturing batches, which could be hard/impossible for me to spot without some insider info.

... I really need to read that US guys posts first though I guess.
Old 19-02-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 830 Times in 467 Posts

This N23 fix has to come from CF .Until this is done I will have no confidence taking this vehicle away and using it as intended.CF took my low range away give it back,now 8 months no low range for many owners.How long does it take CF to work this problem out!!
Old 19-02-2014
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

Well out of left field I get a call from Orange Motors, they have an actuator & will be fitting it at no cost to me on the 27th.

I will still be going to Coffs to get ozjeepster to fix another issue but will get him to go over it as I have my doubts that the flash was preformed properly in the first instance.