Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? - Page 54 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-04-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts

Craig
Did you delete all fault codes with your green tune and re scan for any new codes when you got 4WD back with the "service 4WD"

I would scanning for fault codes every 2nd day with that warning.
Old 19-04-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotqld View Post
Craig
Did you delete all fault codes with your green tune and re scan for any new codes when you got 4WD back with the "service 4WD"

I would scanning for fault codes every 2nd day with that warning.
Hi hotqld,
No, didn't use the GDE box as I had limited time.
Might give it a go tomorrow.
Cheers, Craig
Old 23-04-2014
RubiconSlammer

OK, so I fitted the other TCM (thingy that bolts to the side of the transfer case) thanks to hotqld and left my non-reflashed TCCM (thingy under the rear seat) in. The 'Service 4WD System' stayed on the dash and although the LOW light came up on the dash, it wouldn't engage into Low4. Tried my GDE tune box on it and no fault code came up.
Then tried my flashed TCCM with hotqld's TCM. 'Service 4WD System' is no longer on the dash...until Low4 is selected. Low4 would not engage and the 'Service 4WD System' stayed lit up on the dash.
Unbolted hotqld's TCM and installed my original one. Also swapped over the flashed TCCM to my second hand non-reflashed one. 'Service 4WD System' appeared straight away on the dash, but Low4 engaged every time.
So, I am back to square one, in that I have my Low4 back but that fu*&@ng 'Service 4WD System' is back in my face. Might have to use some trusty duct tape to cover the warning sign up.

Has anyone got any ideas??????????? before I go mad woops, too late.

Cheers, Craig
Old 23-04-2014

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

OK i got mine back from the dealer who claims Jeep have released a new service bulletin with new software and method that are supposed to solve all our woes. So far so good. Only time will tell!
Old 23-04-2014
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee30D View Post
OK, so I fitted the other TCM (thingy that bolts to the side of the transfer case) thanks to hotqld and left my non-reflashed TCCM (thingy under the rear seat) in. The 'Service 4WD System' stayed on the dash and although the LOW light came up on the dash, it wouldn't engage into Low4. Tried my GDE tune box on it and no fault code came up.
Then tried my flashed TCCM with hotqld's TCM. 'Service 4WD System' is no longer on the dash...until Low4 is selected. Low4 would not engage and the 'Service 4WD System' stayed lit up on the dash.
Unbolted hotqld's TCM and installed my original one. Also swapped over the flashed TCCM to my second hand non-reflashed one. 'Service 4WD System' appeared straight away on the dash, but Low4 engaged every time.
So, I am back to square one, in that I have my Low4 back but that fu*&@ng 'Service 4WD System' is back in my face. Might have to use some trusty duct tape to cover the warning sign up.

Has anyone got any ideas??????????? before I go mad woops, too late.

Cheers, Craig
You have confirmed hotqld's TCM (actuator) is cactus.
Your TCM is fine
The replacement FDCM (unflashed) has either a fault or quite possibly a fault code in its memory that can't be cleared with the DGE box.

Have you done the un-plug/re-plug of the TCM (actuator) with the ignition on ith the setup the way it is now?
Old 23-04-2014
RubiconSlammer

Hi Clarky,
Yes, it appears that my actuator is engaging Low4, therefore is OK.

I did do the un-plug/re-plug thing with the TCM as the setup is now.....made no difference. I think the next step is to go back to Poly 4x4 and try another FDCM while I am there.

Let you know how I go........

Cheers, Craig
Old 24-04-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts

"Service 4WD Drive"
If no codes are showing as active with the green tune scan,
Is there any merit in a 2nd opinion IE: The local Jeep agent to scan for any active codes only.

When I got that warning it use to stop my Jeep from setting cruise control but others don't appear to get that. 1-2 months later it went into limb mode, cleared codes all good for 200klm then Limb mode again.
My fix was New transfer case motor, new electronic box= transmission control module.

Long time since I have seen "Doc" on here, he had the "service 4WD" he tried lots of things, wasted a bit of money guessing and changing parts.
Last I heard he was going to run with the "service 4WD" until something broke.

Have you read thru his thread?
Post New Thread  Reply