Looking at joining a club in SA - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Australian Club Scene > Adelaide Jeep Club
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts

I think that'd be good.

Is anyone going to attend the AJC meeting next week?
Old 07-06-2016
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I'm keen for the ausjeep meet for sure! Just be good good to see some fellow jeepers!
Old 08-06-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Well we have a few options, so lets decide on one and a date while it's nice and cool, and wet
-I have been to Jakems a few times, it's decent, friendly owner, has tracks varying from easy to near impossible. It's close, cheap and you can camp there and they aid in recoveries if you come unstuck.
-Loveday is great, it's huge, cheap, heaps of camping on the river, although bit of a drive for the day trippers.
-Terowie is supposed to be good, it's on my 'to do' list, 4x4 earth have a meet coming up there soon too, great bunch of blokes and many helpful tips.
-Border Track is close, great run, few camping spots, sandhills and the clay car swallowing holes down past Red Bluff
-Yorkes is close enough for a day trip, little easy tracks running down the coast and sandhills down south.
-Beach driving down by Beachport, although its meant to be quite difficult this time of year.
Old 08-06-2016
Senior Newbie

Check out my Ride(s)

Been to jakem a few times now still like it there. I'm new to everywhere else though.
Loveday would be great but I feel like it's more of a 2-3 day thing? And I would love go get a few more things done to the jeep before heading there haha!
Been trying to get to border track for ages now. Might even be going this weekend!
Old 08-06-2016
Established Member

Ive done terowie and Loveday.

Terowie was good, I could have spent all 3 days of a long weekend crawling through the river, but my mate in his stock pajero wouldnt follow me through, so we bailed.

There wasnt alot else at terowie, some hills that the girlfriend and I did, some we didnt. After almost rolling the Jeep on a bad line at the loveday hill climbs they arent our favorite thing to do.

Loveday is good after alot of rain, or if you are with some people that are new to wheeling. There is a lot of space and places to teach, learn and watch on the obstacles. Great camping and the regulars that are up there are always up for a laugh. We tend to head up every New Years or atleast christmas holiday, bit expensive if you just want to camp, but some great spots.

We havent done Jakem, but I hear it's better after rain. Few guys at work said it's always fun, they go there alot.

I'm down for a border track run, but the girlfriend isnt too sure about the toilet situation, so that might take some more convincing.

I'm going down to the Club meeting next Thursday. Hopefully see what they normally get up to for runs and stuff.

Maybe if we could organise an Ausjeep meetup at saunders for a day, it'd be an easy way to all meet and get to know each other before we try to organise a bigger trip like terowie or Loveday
Old 09-06-2016
Senior Newbie

Check out my Ride(s)

The border track has a couple camping sites where there's toilets that's the only reason I can make the girlfriend go!
But yeah Saunders or jakem would be a good day trip just to get to know one another and do a bit of 4x4ing
Old 10-06-2016
Established Member

Might be a bit too soon, but anyone down for a day trip on Monday? Saunders or jakem.