Can anyone speculate on why so much Jeep haters? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-10-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default Can anyone speculate on why so much Jeep haters?

Ok, so this has been on my mind for some time now. Just to clarify beforehand jeep haters don't bother me one bit, in fact it just makes beating them on and offroad so much more enjoyable. In a country where japanese 4wd's are the norm, hating on jeeps seems to be a popular topic of the jap 4wd drivers. I enjoy good banter between 4wds but it feels like every other 4wd enthusiast has something to prove if there's a jeep involved. Myself, I can respect everyone has their own preferences and each 4wd has it's own advantage and disadvantages. But there's no better satisfaction than having some cocky idiot in a patrol at the lights reving the guts out of his engine trying to show off, when the lights go green all his car does is produce noise and smoke rather than power and all I have to do is hold my gear changes half a second longer. I'm just a little confused why they have singled out jeeps to try and treat as outcasts. Is it jealousy? I used to own a hilux, then I owned a patrol and now my jeep and I never had they enjoyment and satisfaction I have when I drove those that I get in my jeep. So being one of them seeing someone so happy driving something that isn't what you have, I guess, would cause jealousy. None of my friends own jeeps, so naturally when they heard I was getting one they made fun of me relentlessly. The day came when I finally got it, took each of them for a drive in it and they all instantly changed their tone. Of course they all still try making fun of me constantly but none of them can say their 4wds are as awesome as mine when I went everywhere they did (excuding mud for now due to road tyres) but quicker than them when it was stock standard! I'd just like to see what everyone else thinks about it and why they think people get so competitive when it comes to jeeps.
Old 27-10-2014
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,565 Times in 4,348 Posts

Just little boys seeing who can piss the highest up the urinal.
When they are out done they call names. ~ Sticks & stones...............
They soon stop if you ignore them.
Maybe there are too many young guys with a dose of look at me look at me.
Old 27-10-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 109 Times in 81 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Can't agree more. People like to compare anyway. So just ignore them is the best way.
Old 27-10-2014
Established Member

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

probly cause theres a few things that go wrong on the cars. weak axles, steering box, ball joints, electronics etc etc hehe but hey i still love her
Old 27-10-2014
Just Real Jeeps Club

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts

Main reason is they have no idea of what a Jeep can do. its always fun to take out a few modified cruisers or Patrols & ask them to keep up with a little XJ on 31's, doesnt take long to wipe the smile off there face & the look of disbelief is priceless when they are completely shown up by a little XJ, as quoted from a Patrol owner, Id follow a Patrol or Cruiser anywhere but these Jeeps get me into trouble & that was from a lifted patrol with 37"s

Black 1983 CJ8, Black 1994 XJ

http://www.justrealjeeps.com
Old 28-10-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 542 Times in 304 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I actually enjoy it when people put sh*t on my Jeep. I know what I have and don't really have to prove anything.
I usually invite them out for a run and that fixes it.
They either come out and be converted or end up being a "no show", more often the latter, which does nothing for their argument.
Old 28-10-2014
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts

They probably can't explain why they hate them in the same way we can't explain why we love them... It's a Jeep thing...
Post New Thread  Reply