What are your next mods / What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 499 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2013
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Final Trip Preps

Just putting the finishing touches onto the Jeep for the big trip. Fitted a 50" LED light bar up front on the rack and a 6" Light bar on the back. I just bought a full set of brand new Maxxis Bighorns 31" (Smaller size for touring). Fitted the rock sliders, IPhone holder, external phone antenna, CTEK DC-DC duel batter charger with Anderson plug to plug in the solar panels.

I just dropped the Jeep off at Mike Connolly's for a final trip inspection and to change out the wheel bearings and check the brakes and drop and change out all the oils.

Oh an my annoying rattle in the gearbox I was so worried about... It was in the gear knob all along (so much for my diagnostic skills).

Latest photos with the new tyres and rack sorted. Note the awning is now flush mounted to the rack, the shovel and axe are now on the side and the new light bars front and back.

IPhone holder with an induction aerial connection tied into a 6.6dB external aerial

The rear draws with brand new fire extinguisher, and duel battery isolator and DC-DC charger.

This last one was and idea I had while at BCF the other day looking for some staun tyre deflators. Its just a light weight net cable tied to the roll cage with some stick on mounting nobs on the back half. Not sure what I will use it for but I was thinking fresh fruit and veg or light items.
P - pocket

Why does my jeep want to bankrupt me?
Old 06-06-2013
HydroKing

Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

That net's a bloody good idea. How well does the light bar work?

cheers
Old 06-06-2013
AJOR Gold

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
That net's a bloody good idea. How well does the light bar work?

cheers
I don't want to use the cliche of it turns night into day but is does come bloodly close.

The biggest downside so far is there is now a distinct whistling coming from the roof rack at 35-52Kmh. I never even thought about what that air gap might do in terms of harmonics. I can't mount the light bar lower due to the mounting bracket on the light bar and the angle of the wind deflector and I don't want to go any higher as I am almost at my 2.1M maximum build height that lets me get into and out of my parking garage.
P - pocket

Why does my jeep want to bankrupt me?
Old 07-06-2013
SwampDigger

Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall View Post
I don't want to use the cliche of it turns night into day but is does come bloodly close.

The biggest downside so far is there is now a distinct whistling coming from the roof rack at 35-52Kmh. I never even thought about what that air gap might do in terms of harmonics. I can't mount the light bar lower due to the mounting bracket on the light bar and the angle of the wind deflector and I don't want to go any higher as I am almost at my 2.1M maximum build height that lets me get into and out of my parking garage.
Change the angle of the light bar slightly, ie point it up or down a touch more. That generally fixes it.
Old 16-06-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Had to take the halftop off and put the original soft top back on it was leaking way too much will save it for summer
Old 16-06-2013
hellbilly deluxe

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

The masculinization of the hairdresser
Before

and after

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	62567   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-3.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	62568  

Last edited by Wolfe; 16-06-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 16-06-2013
I like stuff and things.

Liked 163 Times in 98 Posts

What did someone do to my TJ this weekend?

Stole my Rigid D2 lights from the A pillars.

Joy.