JK Rear Bumper Roundup - Page 65 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-07-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

I installed an Olympic 4x4 Products Urban rear bumper this weekend, ordered from Quadratec for US $250 and shipped for US $130. It's actually made of parts that can be bought separately: The frame cover, 2 X D-ring shackle mounts and 2 X end caps.

Sorry for the dirty car in the pics, the rain hasn't let up here in the Unshine Coast.

The end caps are weighty and feel very sturdy but the frame cover doesn't feel particularly strong because of its thinner steel. The powdercoating quality is very good but it's not as thick or durable as my (benchmark) Evo gear.

I will run the end caps until they get too damaged or I get tired of them and want the simpler, more rugged look of only the frame cover. I also installed removable mudflaps to prevent my car getting undue attention from the law if I do remove the corners. The Aries mudflaps use the stock bumper mount holes and its brackets fit tightly against the end caps.

The D-ring mounts have two nuts welded into them and attach using the front two holes in the frame with serious-looking 5/8 bolts, probably of some alloy (black colour).

The 285/70r17 +25 offset spare on the stock carrier barely clears the lip of the frame cover (see above pic in the corner) and the spare 2mm are probably from the Teraflex hinge underneath the carrier.

The marker lights are my own addition to act as fog lights, stuck on the frame cover using 3M UHB double sided tape. I do travel at odd hours and regularly encounter fog so every little bit helps.
Old 21-09-2016
MudSplasher

Liked 133 Times in 104 Posts

Just picked up a uneek roof rack for my jku, however it has a AEV rear bar, I love the build of the bar and the style however I can not use it as the ends do not allow the cage to be bolted down. So I need to find a new bar, I want to keep weight down so the altas bar is out of the picture,
Could do with a swing arm to support the spare..

Any ideas?
Old 21-09-2016
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 584 Times in 369 Posts

Contact Uneek.....I seem to recall they may make different mounts to suit the AEV???? I might be thinking of something else, but worth checking before you start spending money you don't need.
Another option would be to fabricate a mount set up yourself, or ask a local engineering shop to knock up something.
Old 22-09-2016
MudSplasher

Liked 133 Times in 104 Posts

I spoke to dave and the AEV bar is no dice, it will need to have drilled/modded on the ends, as it does not have a flat surface to mount too. I may just go the uneek rear bar with the a rear mounted winch as a bonus.
Old 23-09-2016
Established Member

Liked 128 Times in 78 Posts

The Uneek winch bar is great[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24-09-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 95 Times in 63 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Seconded