BFGoodRich A/T KO2’s - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-09-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
Default BFGoodRich A/T KO2’s

Hi, after comments about BFGoodRich all terrain KO2’s from people who are running them.... What’s the ride like, wet road handling, off road performance, mileage etc....
Thanks for any replies...
Old 28-09-2020

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 53 Times in 23 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I have run BFG's for years on several 4x4's over the years, and love them. The KO2's are the best yet.

I'm running 265/60/R18 KO2's on my 2011 UK 3.0 JGC CRD Ltd.

Bad points.
Definitely noisier than the standard 20" road tyres it came with.
I lose about 2mpg compared to the road tyres.

Overall observations.

Maybe a slightly harder ride, but with the JGC's soft suspension (compared to our other 4x4's) it's not really that noticeable. As a passenger my wife prefers the KO2 ride as she finds the Jeep a bit wallowy.

Great in the snow, and churned up field mud. Not gone into real deep mud though. Often tow the caravan on wet fields that are chewed up from other cars slipping and sliding and these are perfect.

I have to run them at about 42psi on the road, otherwise they run on the tread of the sidewall (can't remember what that bit is called, strapes?), and this is what makes them noisy, but once the pressure was increased, they are a lot better. To get the preasure, I drew a chalk line across the width of the tyre, then drove in a straight line on a tarmac surface, and then checked to see what pressure it wore off evenly across the tyre.

Great road manners, wet and dry.

I am also currently running them on our other off roader, a Nissan Terrano2. When I say about them being noisier, it's only really noticeable in a vehicle as quiet as the JGC, you don't notice it on more agricultural vehicles like the T2.

Seem to last forever. 20K miles on the T2, and you can't see any wear. JGC has only done 10K miles on them. My old T2 did 40Kmiles on the old KO's, and I don't see any reason to think these newer KO2's will last as less.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Lazy-Ferret; 28-09-2020 at 02:04 AM.
Old 28-09-2020
Full Flexer

Thanks Lazy-Ferret for you info....
Old 29-09-2020
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JL
Liked 49 Times in 38 Posts

I have them in the stock size for my 2017 lorado, no louder then the
standard Goodyear AT tyres however the stock tyres were stuffed at
40000km and I have 35000 on the BFG and they still look like new.

They handle wet roads, NT wet seasons and hot roads without issue.
So happy with them that I am fitting a set of 35” KO2s to my wrangler
next week.

Economy is the same as the standard tyres( mine was delivered with Goodyear wrangler ATs)
A couple of days ago I drove from emerald to Brisbane and averaged 7.6L/100 for the trip.

Last edited by shep; 29-09-2020 at 08:07 AM.
Old 29-09-2020
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 138 Times in 89 Posts

Run them on my XJ. Great all round tyre, I run them at 26PSI for a nice soft ride.

Tread depth new is 12mm. I have done 28,000 km on them and they are down to an average remaining depth of 9mm. Very even wear across the tyre provile.

Cheers.

Last edited by Mace1; 29-09-2020 at 12:39 PM.
Old 30-09-2020
Full Flexer

Thanks for the input guys...
Post New Thread  Reply