Replacement Stereo - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-07-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Replacement Stereo

Team. I am at a little bit of a loss here. Any help is much appreciated.

I want to replace the stereo in my 2011 JK (non nav with amp and sub) with something that has nav and can take a reverse camera.

I rang the local car audio place and they basically ended up at the $2k mark.

Now I don't expect this to be $200 but I didn't expect that. I get the feeling there was an over quote on the harnesses, etc.

Anyway, I was thinking one of the Apple car play head units would do the trick. This would save the need for reliance on another mapping product.

Any more reasonable suggestions of what could work? I am confident for install just not across the what works and what do I need questions.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17-07-2017
I just registered

Liked 49 Times in 45 Posts

I was looking into this too I have decided not to do it and use a 10 inch tablet mounted between the visers. Have ordered a wifi reverse cam. I have an 07 no bluetooth so will most likely run an aux cable possibly to the rear of the stereo (maybe the front). Also looking into the possibility of using the video out on the dvd player with a wifi or bluetooth tx more out of interest.
Hopefully someone has a neat replacement head unit though
Old 18-07-2017
WELDING RODS FOR STEERING

Liked 224 Times in 128 Posts

sony xav-ax100 looks like a neat and affordable unit. I think quadratic might do a harness for it also.

Old 18-07-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJeepers View Post
sony xav-ax100 looks like a neat and affordable unit. I think quadratic might do a harness for it also.

I have seen this on the Quadratec website so assume it fits nicely. I've seen some don't and need trimming.

JB seems to have this for an okay price, so it's the front runner for now.

I assume it could take a reverse cam as well.

Anyone installed one of these?

Old 18-07-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Replacement Stereo

I lie actually. It's $730 or thereabouts. Converted its only $500 ish plus s+h from the States.

Is there any issues with bringing it onion from there - can you adjust radio setup? I know that's an option in my fusion for my camper.

Old 19-07-2017
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Mine is an Alpine INE-W960A. Great unit.
Awesome sound, great navigation, reversing camera and Hema (equivalent) off road maps.
Not the cheapest, but the best I could find.

Cheers, Craig
Old 20-07-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 29 Times in 26 Posts

Thinking that unit myself, look at eBay stores. $585 posted or thereabouts. Keep in mind there's more than just replacing the head unit. If you want it to work with the stock amp and steering wheel controls then you need to buy an interface like the PAC audio RP4-CH11. If you're putting in a new amp then don't need to worry about the amp side of that unit but still need steering wheel controls unit. If you want to keep the factory sub in the boot then you pretty much need to keep the stock amp, but that means keeping the stock speakers and power which are fairly average.
Post New Thread  Reply