WK diesel replacing oil cooler coolant z hose - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2023
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,929 Times in 2,319 Posts

Thanks Mousie for that explanation and i have to agree with you..............

@genpk, those are original markings, original clamps and original gunge, they didn't do a damn thing I'm sad to say, I would be putting it all in writing, including photo's which you will be providing to your Legal Rep/consumer affairs as its pretty obvious they are ripping people off ..................... if they do RWC, Auto club stuff it could be a worry for them... If you don;t wan t to front them up just go straight to a legal beagle and sick them onto them as your proof is 100%...

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 09-07-2023
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 346 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Thanks Mousie for that explanation and i have to agree with you..............

@genpk, those are original markings, original clamps and original gunge, they didn't do a damn thing I'm sad to say, I would be putting it all in writing, including photo's which you will be providing to your Legal Rep/consumer affairs as its pretty obvious they are ripping people off ..................... if they do RWC, Auto club stuff it could be a worry for them... If you don;t wan t to front them up just go straight to a legal beagle and sick them onto them as your proof is 100%...
Thanks mate, youve confirmed my assessment as well.
The irony is that up till now this mechanic shop has been pretty good and helpful
and i could have got just turbo hose job done for free under stat warranty but thought it was local, i would bite the bullet, get the manifold done with the silicone hose, manifold cleaned out and get all the other 3 hoses done properly and that was explained to the manager at the time when i handed him the 4 hoses and jubilee clamps.
They did the turbo hose,cleaned the manifold , didnt do the rest, both mechanic and manager assured me it was all done!!
Im absolutely angry and pi.sed off.
See what excuse they give me tomorrow!!
BTW, thanks for all your help

Last edited by genpk; 09-07-2023 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2023
Rock Munki

Liked 1,311 Times in 753 Posts

If they are a Member of the MTA (Motor Traders Association) the repercussions for them are immense....as stated...will lose their abilty to do RWC and/or Insurance work....its piss poor you have to put yourself through this crap purely to get what you paid for, and were assured was done...feel for ya mate

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 10-07-2023
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
If they are a Member of the MTA (Motor Traders Association) the repercussions for them are immense....as stated...will lose their abilty to do RWC and/or Insurance work....its piss poor you have to put yourself through this crap purely to get what you paid for, and were assured was done...feel for ya mate
Thanks mate, went back first thing this morning, showed the manager about 15 close up pictures of the hoses,told him i wasnt happy , and that the hoses had not
been replaced as they still had factory check off marks and old coolant and factory spring clips on them.
His reply was “i think he (mechanic) had done one as he had to cut one off? ill need to find out which one” i said find all the hoses i supplied you with and fit them as was requested and paid for!
Originally he said he could do it wednesday but has just phoned back and asked me to bring the car back tomorrow and will need it for 2 days and he would do the hoses himself!
Funny how the story has changed from when j picked the car up friday, i asked both he and the mechanic if all the hoses were done, they stated all had been done!! I even asked the mechanic how he got to the rear turbo hose!
His reply “oh, it wasnt that hard” yeah ill bet it wasnt hard at all!!
That endoscope i bought has been worth its weight in gold!!
Old 10-07-2023
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 235 Times in 132 Posts

Good work and keep your enemies close until done. Whilst you may not get a full admission, it’s the end result that counts. You certainly can then show him this forum after and the interest by members following all of this.
Old 11-07-2023
CrawlerStar

dropped the car off this morning, handed him the keys and “call me when its done” I bit my tongue as i wanted to give him a spray but thought just get the job done.
Stupidity- i get my wifes car done there, ive spent thousands of dollars getting
stuff done there-hes blown it all!
To ad insult to injury, got a text from there auto group asking me how my recent experience was and to give a review!!
Old 11-07-2023
Rock Munki

Liked 1,311 Times in 753 Posts

Mate....you cant beat stupid...there is NO failsafe able to be implemented that can stop stupid....safeguards rely on logical thinking and the abilty for the individual to assess and use the information/safeguard put in place....stupid cant be stopped

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Post New Thread  Reply