Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 267 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-01-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Re: Lift and Tyres of your JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gener8or View Post
I got the Duratracs installed yesterday- love them! 285/70R17 fit great with no rubbing that I can see on my 2" lifted JK, and as Seacomms said they fit fine on the stock carrier. I feel a little taller on them too despite them being less than an inch taller than the stock silent armours.
What pressure are you running them at? I have mine at 32 and they a good, at 28 the feel great but it uses another half a litre per 100 at least. Have done about 10,000km on them so far and have used about 1 - 1.5 mm of the 14.5mm tread and looks to be fairly even, if anything slightly more in the middle so really 28-30 is probably the sweet spot for even wear. Will adjust the low pressure warnings down to 25 and run them at 30 I think from now on, currently at 28 for the warning so at 30 they send off the alarm every now and then.

Sent from a tiny keyboard with fat fingers, apologies for my spelling. .

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 28-01-2014
Sideways Slammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Hi all,

Anybody running the AEV 2.5XT suspension with stock rims and 33's?
If yes did you need to put spacers on or all is ok with stock rims and 33's?

Cheers
Old 28-01-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I am running very similar set up with the same shocks as the AEV kit and 285 Duratracs with stock rims and no probs. Some 33's will rub the sway bar on full lock but thats about it.

Sent from a tiny keyboard with fat fingers, apologies for my spelling. .

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 28-01-2014
Sideways Slammer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Many thanks for the feedback.
I don't want to change the rims if I have to and don't want to run spacers either.
I like the look of the new Rubi rims.
I checked AEV's website and they also state stock rims work fine.

I'll be going the same rubber as what you have also...
Old 03-02-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Lift and Tyres of your JK

Had some Procomp 98 series black steelies installed with 305/70r16 summit mudhogs, all supplied by Benny from Chaddy's tyres. Really happy with how it looks now, just need to get some guard extenders now.

Whatever the wallet has, the jeep takes!

Last edited by Macca2801; 11-02-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-02-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Ordered some tyre pressure sensors last week which arrived last night. I can now have my new rims n tyres installed
For anyone looking to pick up a set this guy has them for a great price on Ebay -tirestpmsplus. 5 sensors for $60 US plus about $30 shipping, arrived on my door in 5 days.Sure beats the $150 per sensor the dealers wanted.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TPS.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	66578  
Old 11-02-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 103 Times in 62 Posts

Good to know Paul. Can't wait to see the final outcome, then we will have to get them dirty and try not to scratch them of course
Post New Thread  Reply