Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 168 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-11-2012
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals-JK View Post
Well i had 315 MTZ Tyres for years and just made the change to TTC Claws and im very impressed with the Claws Off & On Road, Honestly i believe they are quieter on-road than the MTZ's!!!
That's because they're brand new.

Extremely unfair comparing a used tyre with brand new.
Old 21-11-2012
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Memory is still not a fair comparison.

The only comparison is side by side, like for like.
Old 21-11-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 128 Times in 63 Posts

What lift height do you have? I just saw Suspension Stuff sells AEV Kits from 3.5inch an above, not their coils. I like your height. My looks lil low, even with 3inch lift, damn and I don't even have the rear bumper/carrier + winch yet :/

Also do you have problems with parking places? I can't fit into one parking place where I used to go, but they have also the lowest limit (1.95). But its getting closer in other park places as well, and I actually planned a roof rack

Our Offroad Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/go4x4media

Last edited by kam; 21-11-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 21-11-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam View Post
What lift height do you have? I just saw Suspension Stuff sells AEV Kits from 3.5inch an above, not their coils. I like your height. My looks lil low, even with 3inch lift, damn and I don't even have the rear bumper/carrier + winch yet :/

Also do you have problems with parking places? I can't fit into one parking place where I used to go, but they have also the lowest limit (1.95). But its getting closer in other park places as well, and I actually planned a roof rack
Kam,
I wouldn't say it looks too low. Looks just perfect to me. Are you going to do a flare mod?

Flame Red MY08 SWB CRD
AEV front bumper + Warn 9.5
Custom Rear Bumper
BFG KM2 on Rubicon Moabs
Old 21-11-2012
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander View Post
Kam,
I wouldn't say it looks too low. Looks just perfect to me. Are you going to do a flare mod?
I guess its a taste thing. After bumpers and winch it will be 1/2 inch lower and thats to low for me :/ But I can't really lift it more, need the space for the roof rack, otherwise I am not gonna fit into the most undercover parking places. Guess I have to measure exactly how much room left to fit to the important park places (like mine ^^)

Damn decisions decision.

And nope, no flare mods planned, and no aftermarket flare, don't like any of them :/ Again, taste thing.

Old 21-11-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam View Post
And nope, no flare mods planned, and no aftermarket flare, don't like any of them :/ Again, taste thing.
I didn't read your post carefully enough, yes the height and stance looks perfect in the photo, but I take your point that there's more mods to go on. You might have to put spacers in, cheaper than new coils.

I'm the same, don't like any of the aftermarket flares. The nearest ones to stock are the Bestop but I haven't seen them up close to vouch for the quality of the finish.

Your tyres will stick out tho, are you just going to risk it? I was considering doing that as well.

Flame Red MY08 SWB CRD
AEV front bumper + Warn 9.5
Custom Rear Bumper
BFG KM2 on Rubicon Moabs

Last edited by Zander; 21-11-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 21-11-2012
Full Flexer

My tyres stick out just few mm, you wouldn't notice if you wouldn't know. I think there is more chance to get pulled over because of the size and not the sticking out, in my case.

I was aiming for this result, made lots of research. That's also one of the main reasons I was so after BFG, their 12.5 are narrower then the common 12.5 tyres. That they are so good is just a bonus for me

Last edited by kam; 21-11-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply