Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 276 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-03-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 119 Times in 68 Posts

Oh well. I said I'd buy em so I intend to keep my word and do so even if I never use them.

What other than the springs and shocks are needed for a 2" ish lift then?
Old 20-03-2014
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts
Default Lift and Tyres of your JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
Oh well. I said I'd buy em so I intend to keep my word and do so even if I never use them.

See if you can change and get a different accessory instead, the factory lift is not worth it, by the way I don't think shocks with that kit, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Dealer can always return it.

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 20-03-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post

MDK, I have springs, shocks, extended bumpstops and swaybar disconnects in my lift. The only future upgrade I have planned is brakeline brackets.

Note however I have an actual 2 inch lift, not a bogus "2 inch lift" which actually measures 3.5 inches.

Flame Red MY08 SWB CRD
AEV front bumper + Warn 9.5
Custom Rear Bumper
BFG KM2 on Rubicon Moabs
Old 20-03-2014

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Guys and girls he is buying this off me

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=131701

If your going to cost me a sale, please at least give the guy an honest comparison based on cost.

For instance, for my upgrade to a second hand aev 2.5 xt ligt, it still cost me $900 that does not include the cost of the steering stabiliser relocation and replacement, labour.

I agree it is a harder ride, but I have to say that it is not much more harsh than the 2.5 inch aev xt lift I have now. I successfully travelled the vic high country, some of nsw and all around se qld with that kit.

The closest i have seen for $200 bucks is below and I am not sure the ride would be any better.
http://www.doubleblackoffroad.com/je...-Budget-Boost-
Old 20-03-2014

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

On the topic of lifts, I am getting my 2dr lifted hopefully very soon. I'm 99% certain I'm gonna head down to Murchison and either get the AEV Dualsport kit, or Stuart's own JK Touring kit. Does anyone hear have either of these and what are your thoughts? Or are you running something different and love it??
Old 20-03-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logitech View Post
Guys and girls he is buying this off me

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=131701

If your going to cost me a sale, please at least give the guy an honest comparison based on cost.

For instance, for my upgrade to a second hand aev 2.5 xt ligt, it still cost me $900 that does not include the cost of the steering stabiliser relocation and replacement, labour.

I agree it is a harder ride, but I have to say that it is not much more harsh than the 2.5 inch aev xt lift I have now. I successfully travelled the vic high country, some of nsw and all around se qld with that kit.

The closest i have seen for $200 bucks is below and I am not sure the ride would be any better.
http://www.doubleblackoffroad.com/je...-Budget-Boost-

I guess it depends on what MDK is really looking for and if he is ready to part with in excess of $1000.00 to give him something he will not get full advantage of

Questions i would be asking myself --

Do i want to improve the ride quality? will this kit do that - No ( don't believe it will be worse than stock)

Do i want a little more clearance for the belly of my JKU? will this kit do that - Yes

Will these springs sag? probably but no quicker than the stock ones

Is $200 a good price to get what i want in the short term? i think it probably is.

Don't get me wrong i have spent decent money for a lift with a good reputation etc but i did that to get the results i wanted & i knew what i wanted to use my jeep for.

If all i wanted was a bit more clearance & was happy with the ride hey $200 is probably worth it
Old 20-03-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85mic View Post
On the topic of lifts, I am getting my 2dr lifted hopefully very soon. I'm 99% certain I'm gonna head down to Murchison and either get the AEV Dualsport kit, or Stuart's own JK Touring kit. Does anyone hear have either of these and what are your thoughts? Or are you running something different and love it??
Where are you based 85mic?
I dont think you can go wrong if your heading to Stu's and not sure if there is a noticeable difference in the AEV & his own kit. ( more controll over the actual lift height with his kit)
I have the AEV kit but run suspension stuff coils from Stu. Works well for me & seems to perform as well as other shorties i wjeel with that have the full AEV kit.
Im sure you could find someone in Brissy that has the AEV that would be happy to take you for a drive to see how it feels, im on the Goldy & if your nearby welcome to take my shorty for a drive.
Paul