Upgrade from Vista to XP? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > ASSOCIATED INTERESTS > Gaming & Technology
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2008
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts
Default Upgrade from Vista to XP?

Anyone done it?
Vista is peeving me off beyond belief.......
Old 09-01-2008
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mate - piss Windoze off entirely and get a Mac
Old 09-01-2008

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I use 64Bit Vista Ultimate, I will never go back to XP.
I have had the occasional hickup, but its new software, there is a service pack that is comming or has come out for it.

What problems are you having with it?
Old 09-01-2008
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

Aside from:
The same questions being asked 50 times a day,
The crappy controls/layout (look fancy but not logical/intuative),
Windows Explorer REALLY flaky - eg created files not shown - but upon checking they are there etc..... And the wasted realestate in viewing the folders, and the crappy defaults (I don't want everybloody thing defaulted to some obsure section of my C drive).....

My issues are more that my existing software like my client management software isn't running (2 days wasted trying to get that sorted).
My accounting software not running correctly (although that's nearly sorted).

I dunno just overal frustrated by dozens of little CRAP features....
Old 09-01-2008

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have you turned off UserAccountControll?
That will turn off the Are You Sure question popus.
Old 09-01-2008
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The problem I normally have with computers is between the keyboard and the chair....
Old 09-01-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with Jeepology.... GET A MAC!!!!

Then you can choose whether you want to run windows or not! What an unused choice that is!!!