Interior ,Ext covering Rust protection ? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-07-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Interior ,Ext covering Rust protection ?

Interior & Exterior covering and Rust protection JK.
Looking at what I need to keep my jeep looking as new as possible and the Dealer has sugested Underbody treatment and electric rust Unit (beach Use)
and then possible Piant and interior treatment to protect against kids inside and tree sap bat droppings etc outside.
How has everyones interiors been standing up with and without these treatments?
Cheers Allan.
Old 16-07-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Smile

The paint protection they offer from the dealership is crap. The interior protection is not that flash either. I have seen seats and paint stain and mark just as much as the car without.

I like the fact they tell you the paint protection will stop corrosion, ask them. Then ask if it will stop rust because I was told they are two different "things" by the after market lady when I showed them the rust from the screws on the windscreen surround and the door hinge's which had stained the paint. They repainted the lot on warranty.

Look online and study up a bit as there are lots of thoughts around the Electronic Rust prevention as well.

Get a good set of seat covers, slush mats and if your really that keen to keep it clean take out the carpet.

Just my observations though.

Cheers
Old 16-07-2009
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Paint protection isn't worth the money. Just buy a synthetic sealant like Meguires ColorBoost and use it ever 3 months. Will protect the paint enough.

Rust prevention, just wash it thoroughly when you've been to the beach. No other real ways of doing it. under body rust protection coatings crack and let moisture underneath within about 12 months of application and require constant trips back to get it reapplied. So don't bother. I like lanolin underneath and inside panels etc but it makes everything a bit dirty as dust and sand can cling to it.

Use seat covers and remove the carpet. Then the carpet will never wear and the seats will last alot longer.

Don't bother trying to protect it from kids. You won't win.
Old 17-07-2009
AJOR Bronze

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I am told by the dealer the Chrysler's factory Paint warranty is from door to door, ie the top of the door to the bottom of the door, under body is not covered by the Paint warranty.

Rust warranty kicks in if you have something rust through.

I don't think Electronic Rust protection thingo works. There used to be thread here say someone had them installed then rust show up.

Last edited by BNEJK; 17-07-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 17-07-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Staun do some fabulous rust products you apply easily & cheaply yourself each time you wash. Read full speel on their website ... inexpensive & effective.
Old 17-07-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks for replies.
Can also use cost of treatments towards bar work which will probable protect more any way ie/ Adventure pack Etc or ARB gear.
Old 17-07-2009
Sandgroper

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Anything extra like that stuff is a waste of money.. I got conned into a $1000 electronic rust thingo whe I was 18 and suprise! slight rust set in after 2-3 years anyhow...
Just good old TLC mate!! Thats all it takes!

Theres another thread somewhere about this...

'98 TJ
Post New Thread  Reply