snorkel comparo - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-01-2010
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Default snorkel comparo

I have been reading a few of threads around snorkels but want to gain peoples views and opinions since having them installed and been running them for a while.
I have narrowed down my thoughts to the Airflow, Safari or possibly (jury still out) on the TJM airtek.
What are your thoughts on quality, economy improvements, rattles and fitment.
I run Xenon flat fender flares and want to avoid any cutting into them if possible
Thanks in advance
Old 23-01-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

G'day Wranglertj.

I have looked at snorkels for a while. Ended up getting a ARB Safari snorkel. Have no rattles..Although I have heard that the CRD may rattle.

Since I have had the snorkel fitted, I have noticed a slight performance increase. Does not do much for fuel economy though.

The AEV snorkel seems to be the easiest to fit but I would loose the RUBICON decal.
I am happy with the Safari.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents worth.
Old 23-01-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know its not on your list, but I went with the AEV. Prefered the direct air path to the airbox and only having to cut the bonnet. Very happy with it after 3 months.
Old 23-01-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Thanks NFI for your input.
Bigfootbushy i didnt have AEV as it didnt appeal to me how the snorkel went down the side of the vehicle (my opinion only). I do like the idea of it going directly into the original air intake point just the design i am not sold on
Keep the comments coming
Old 23-01-2010
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

When I do I will go for the AEV. The direct design saves so much room under the bonnet, the others have hug pipes curling around the ABS modules.

The Safari I sure only fits with standard flares, any other flare and you have to cut a hole in it to fit.

Asthetically I think the AEV follows the vehicle profile to, the the others have odd angles and straights that just dont match the vehicle.

Lastly the only hole in the vehicle with the AEV is the bonnet...much easier to replace a bonnet in the future than the whole guard, plus the AEV heat reduction hood looks great and I think would drop under bonnet temps heaps.(the CRD is very hot under the bonnet)

Thats my opinion.

Matt.
Old 23-01-2010
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Again, not on the list, but when i do ill go the AEV so I have room for the duel batt setup iv been eyeing off.
Ill also try the god awful cutting of the bushwackers.
Old 24-01-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wranglertj, at least you have a few to designs to choose from. All do the same job, it took me a while to make a decision. Sure beats having only one option.