its october rant time - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2013
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Feeling . my Jeep is looking so bad ATM. Six months of neglect due to lack of funds is really doing its thing. Rear flare is hanging off, tyres are F'd, dents in the guard and door, bodgy looking repair on the leaf spring hanger until we can finish the repair and get some paint on it. Holes in the floor because of the spring eye pushing through. Other small holes where the mig burnt through. Busted CB ariel. One drawer that the runners are F'd on. Door mouldings that beginning to fall off. Not to mention the paint job I did on them looks shithouse now. The whole thing needs major work. I hate it looking like it does and needing stacks of repairs. Wish I could get it all sorted next week but alas it will be atleast four weeks before half the list is done.

Regards A
Old 10-10-2013
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,925 Times in 2,318 Posts

xWhy do people assume when they post that we know what vehicle they are talking about? Ok we know know it's a WG or WH but tell us what bloody engine it has, especially when it's an engine question and post the results of your endeavours to help others.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 11-10-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-10-2013
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,576 Times in 4,354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
xWhy do people assume when they post that we know what vehicle they are talking about? Ok we know know it's a WG or WH but tell us what bloody engine it has, especially when t's an engine question and post the results of your endeavours to help others.
X2 drover !!
Happens all the time. Helpful members get caught out all the time.
Old 11-10-2013
MonsterMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
X2 drover !!
Happens all the time. Helpful members get caught out all the time.
Yerr I like the idea of having it as part of your profile. Most people have added the model yet some don't and it makes it hard. On another note my shed made some progress yesterday. The frames are up and we just need to screw on some more rails. Man she's high the scaffold was only just high enough. Builder is comng back on Mon but I won't be there to help unfortunately. I was hoping he would be happy to hold off a few weeks as I need to channel money towards the Jeep over the next month not paying to erect my shed. Was thinking of just getting two 31s for the rear so I am not a defect waiting to occur. But it will mean removing the front drive shaft so I don't risk damage to the TC. Probably have to put my drag link and tierod off a few more weeks so I can get 5 tyres at the end of the month.

Regards A

Last edited by anthonygubbin; 11-10-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-10-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts

Sucks being back at work after a month of traveling the lower North Coast of WA, WA Jeep Safari & then home to Camp Coffs.
Just knowing that after all these months of planning, its all over.

Just another quick thank you to Vic & Sue (SBR) for their help (including the sale of Donkey the XJ). Also to the reset of the SBR Gang for their efforts at the Safari - What a blast!!!!!!!!

And to all the WA Jeepers we meet, Drove & drank with, thanks for the great fun, memories & new friendships made.

YES!!! I will be back. Yes that is not a promise it's a THREAT!!!!!

Hunno
Old 11-10-2013
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,925 Times in 2,318 Posts

Just checked out the Beach Permits for Cooloola, bloody hell old "CanDo" has raised the prices up a goodly bit the bastard, doesn't look like the camp permits have jumped up much. Thought I'd buy a yearly job now that I have a bit of time to live life;
Cooloola Recreation Area

• 1 calendar day
    • obtained via the internet = $11.05
    • not obtained via the internet = $16.55
  • 1 week or less = $27.70
  • 1 month or less = $43.60
  • more than 1 month (up to 1 year) = $218.70
Have to figure out how much I'll head up there first. Just buy a weekly for my run in a week or so.
But then do I go the whole hog and cover Fraser as well even though the bloody barge costs a fortune.
Fraser Island and Cooloola Recreation Area

Note: Visitors purchasing monthly or yearly permits for both Fraser and Cooloola for the same duration will receive a 20% discount on the cost of the two permits.
  • 1 month or less = $69.80
  • More than 1 month (up to 1 year) = $350.00
Fraser Island Recreation Area

• 1 month or less = $43.60
  • More than 1 month (up to 1 year) = $218.70
Decisions, decisions..........................

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 11-10-2013
MonsterMoose

just found another 98XJ for 1450. Wish I had the cash as I could have fixed up my current one so much. If its still for sale in 6 weeks I will definitely look at it for a donor and wrecking Jeep. ON another note I need to drive back km to Launi as I need a few groceries damn wish I had given it some though before I took off.

Regards A