JK - AEV 3.5" lift - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep Installation and How To's
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2010
not just a web wheeler

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

What makes people think that the Poly is more hardcore? The fact it has progressive springs is a positive, it has sway bar discos, springs from 2" to 4.5" with the same length shock. Im a little confused.
Or is it marketing hype?
Old 06-07-2010
ShortBlack
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJ View Post
As the kit was developed for the 4 door and adapted to the 2 door the spring frequency would be wrong for the 2 door. It would need different front springs at a minimum.
Yep The 4 Door springs are tuned progressive rate items but for the 2 Door they use TJ springs in the front and BlackDiamond springs in the rear, a bit of a miss match if you ask me.
the rear springs were to short and actually fell out at full droop!
the Front unseated a fair bit too (thats not such a prob as they wont fall out like the rears will).

I was told that they are developing progressive rate for the SWB now.
Old 06-07-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by double black offroad View Post
What makes people think that the Poly is more hardcore? The fact it has progressive springs is a positive, it has sway bar discos, springs from 2" to 4.5" with the same length shock. Im a little confused.
Or is it marketing hype?
The weld and bolt on brackets PP provide seem to be heavier than the AEV stuff. Whether there's a measurable difference is not the point, they look beefier. And this is where this product interpretation come from, and it is even shared on the US forums so its not just here we think this.
Old 06-07-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow, very interesting reading.
So is there a kit that works well for the SWB?
The AEV one sounds good, but only for LWB.
Is there a full kit that has good shocks like Fox, no welding and well fitting like AEV and springs stay in like Poly?
Old 06-07-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

i was seriuosly considering the AEV kit when i was ready to update now its got me thinking. Have to admit i dont mind some of the stuff that coming out from PP at the moment
Old 06-07-2010
TerraFlexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Been doing a lot of readng in this regard lately...

Full Traction seem to have a pretty good set up and you can get the stuff with zercs or OEM style bushes, fully rebuildable and yes they do make a RHD front adjustable Panhard...

I have ordered both front and rear and should be here any day now.

"Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!"
2 Door Red Rock Renegade.
Old 06-07-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have got an AEV kit, I have gotten rid of the front swaybar and put on a Currie Antirock. I had a 3.5 lift and have now gone to 4.5 and running and 37's.
This is my daily driver and have been running it for over a year and love it. I havent had any problems with my kit and yes its on a 4 door.
cheers MC