2.7 drivers - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2013

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_C View Post
Does anyone have any ideas where I would find engine mounts for the 2.7? (Jeep want $600 each, and Mopar won't sell them).

Thanks!
If you look in the sticky, you'll find some O/S sites that could help.
You'll need to check your part #, but 52059446AC is $149.44 USD + postage from http://www.sprinterparts.net as an example.

If you are going to replace it yourself, I remember reading somewhere that the bolts are the wrong way around on the driver's side mount - making acces far more difficult than it needs to be.
Old 12-06-2013
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 300 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markredgum View Post
If you are going to replace it yourself, I remember reading somewhere that the bolts are the wrong way around on the driver's side mount - making acces far more difficult than it needs to be.
You may need to drop the exhaust off the back of the turbo to get the bolt out, bit of a bugger. Make sure you have a good selection of e-torx spanners too as you are going to need them. eBay has some reasonably priced options.
Old 18-06-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That sounds about right, I had a look around the back of the engine when I had to replace the clip holding the dump pipe on (painful!) and the bolts to get the engine mounts out didn't look easy to get to or to remove!

So I gather that the mounts are a Merc part as well? I wasn't sure if Jeep had used the Merc engine with Jeep mounts to suit the frame, or if they were Merc mounts as well. I will have a hunt around for part numbers, last time I looked I think I worked out that the Jeep and Merc part numbers didn't line up.

As for the steering pump, it looks like its just the line that needs fixing, so now its just a case of waiting till I can be without the car for a few days to get the line out and take it to pirtek to have a look at.
Old 18-06-2013
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 300 Times in 245 Posts

Check drovers thread for the parts catalogue link, it is handy.

Looks like the parts are Jeep and different to MB Sprinter at least, I can't say if it is the same for other MB chassis that use this engine.
Old 18-06-2013
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,927 Times in 2,318 Posts

Just looked at jeepoverstock and they have injectors (genuine) for the 2.7 at $429

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 23-06-2013
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,927 Times in 2,318 Posts

Any fellas who have replaced any light globes like to check out this Narva Cat
for me http://www.narva.com.au/products/globeChart and confirm the numbers, seems the WG/J had the same headlights but could be some differn't globes elsewhere.

Actually found this link in my book http://www.eziautoparts.com.au/lighting.html covers it very well.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 23-06-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 23-06-2013
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Any fellas who have replaced any light globes like to check out this Narva Cat
for me http://www.narva.com.au/products/globeChart and confirm the numbers, seems the WG/J had the same headlights but could be some differn't globes elsewhere.

Actually found this link in my book http://www.eziautoparts.com.au/lighting.html covers it very well.
I think for a start they have the front indicators wrong. They show either an orange wedge or a clear parallel pin single contact bayonet but from memory I'm pretty sure mine (Limited) was an amber bayonet. The clear bayonet though may suit the Laredo, doesn't it have orange lens'. The orange wedge is petrol though isn't it as I'm sure the Yank guys refer to the wedges.