What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1488 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-07-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 128 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
You just want a laugh watching me try to fit them in the back!!! I'll bring the trailer! And bottle of bourbon.

I don't really drink to be honest lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31-07-2016
Established Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Gave the shocks a bit of a shake down, drove down our little test track after running some faster trails, had left the front swaybar still connected.....

Still playing with the shock settings, but very happy so far with them, will do a big shakedown next weekend.
Old 01-08-2016
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

A while ago someone posted the part numbers for replacement serpentine belt pulleys from repco. Does anyone know where it was posted?
Old 01-08-2016
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

Don't worry I found them
Old 01-08-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

I replaced the steel winch cable with 10mm Dyneema rope:

I like the new, cleaner look to the front end.

I had to install a new bigger alloy fairlead which meant the number plate didn't fit anymore, mounted the way it was above the fairlead with the bottom of the plate bolted to the bumper.

I got hold of a TJM flip-up number plate mount but had to get creative with a spacer/bracket because its mounting holes didn't line up with the holes in the bumper and the plate couldn't fold all the way down over the fairlead and rope.

It's days like those that I am thankful to my civil engineer/farmer dad for teaching me how to use tools to craft my own solutions to these types of problems.

My helper mysteriously disappeared when it became time to spool on the rope so I did it by hand and I will have to redo it properly before I can use the winch. I reckon that I'll need to lop 2m off the 28m rope because tight as I could manage but without a criss-cross pattern, it barely fits between the drum and the bumper. Viewed from above:
Old 04-08-2016
Established Member

Liked 128 Times in 78 Posts

Finally they have arrived!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2016
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

A set of AEV floor mats arrived today to my surprise. I only ordered them late yesterday morning from Seven Slot. Get home mid afteroon today and there they were from interstate.

Certainly can't complain about their service!

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Post New Thread  Reply