What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1532 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzRick25 View Post
Some type of magnatism... I am looking for some sill protection myself. Out of interest have you noticed any change in any of the electronics? radio? phone reception or interference? gps signal? compass? (not that I really use the compass)

No change in any electronics that I have noticed... the wife is still able to find me on the phone...🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2017
I just registered

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Are those actually fasteners, or just decorative spots? If they are functional, I would think they should go all the way up the leading edges, since that is where the armor would get peeled first...

Otherwise, I like it.

Not fasteners they just there for looks from far ...

Old 12-08-2017
LOST

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Had the oil cooler replaced on my 13 pentastar interesting thing is it was replaced before 44,000 kms and when I bought it

Old 15-08-2017
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 584 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouros View Post
Had the oil cooler replaced on my 13 pentastar interesting thing is it was replaced before 44,000 kms and when I bought it

Hmmmm, what were the signs you noticed that there was a problem?
Just so I know what to look for.....
Old 17-08-2017
LOST

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
Hmmmm, what were the signs you noticed that there was a problem?
Just so I know what to look for.....
started leaking oil, it gathered around the transmission and bell-housing coated the underside of the Jeep with oil after a long drive. i had thought it was my rear main seal, if you get a torch and look down beside the oil filter housing you can see where the oil cooler starts to leak and the oil gathers on the block

Last edited by Fouros; 17-08-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Old 18-08-2017
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Replaced the clutch, pressure plate, slave cylinder, and pilot bearing. Had the flywheel machined. (As per my Throw out bearing thread.)

You don't get too many more gear changes after the TOB seizes as both it & the pressure plate levers very quickly wear each other down.

This is what was left when I finally had all the parts to get it done.

That detached ring is whats left of the flange that presses on the pressure plate fingers...

And this is whats left of the fingers...

Old 21-08-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

Removed my Evo skid plates and installed a new ARB skid plate:

Also installed my AFE Y-pipe that goes behind the transfer case:

The ARB skid plate and evap skid plate are both (exponentially) more difficult to install than the Evo skids but the Evo skids would have to be cut and modified to fit the AFE y-pipe and also to fit with the LCA drop brackets - something that I couldn't be bothered doing.

Point in case - the Evo evap skid fits around the current evap skid and takes all of 10 minutes to fit, the ARB model asks you to basically remove the evap canister from the Jeep, get high off petrol fumes while you decipher the grainy-black and white instructions, assemble the damned skid and then reinstall it the evap canister inside the ARB skid while using some long lost Egyptian architect ancestor's sense of geometry to get everything lined up while holding it all steady and hoping that it doesn't fall on your head... A second time.