GPEC5 ECM preventing retuning - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Technical
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2022
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default GPEC5 ECM preventing retuning

Hi guys,
has anyone any information from sources (outside of HRT in America) on how one can retune the cars with the Pentatstar 3.6 petrol engine that has this module on it?
apparently attempts to re-write the firmware to this module result in bricking it...thus requiring replacement of the computer board.

My reasons for asking the question are as follows:

1. I have been told by an Aussie performance shop that the Pentastar engines are coming out of the factory such that the engines run very very rich at low rpm (contributing to increased fuel usage and inability to maintain speed in 8th gear)

2. I wish to improve low end torque by supercharging and currently Magneson conversions on the GPEC5 ECM are not possible due to bricking the ECM boards when trying to rewrite them. Apparently attempts to change the ECM to an earlier version arent going so well either...the VIN checks fail and then the cars go into limp mode unless the correct GPEC5 ECM is used (rewriting the older version modules with newer model car VIN's doesn't seem to work?)

thoughts/ideas?

kind regards
Adam

Last edited by adamjedgar@live.com.au; 04-11-2022 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-11-2022
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,569 Times in 4,351 Posts

Have you spoken to Yeti on lostjeep? he is also on FB under his proper name. He lives in Italy.
Old 26-11-2022
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

is this "Lost Sheep Adventures" youtube channel?

EDIT oh ...oops, he doesn't live in Itally.

So how do I get in touch with Yeti?

Last edited by adamjedgar@live.com.au; 26-11-2022 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-05-2023
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Adam,

I don't think this locked ECM issue is related to the GPEC5 ECM.

I have a July 21 built Gladiator with the GPEC2A ECM and mine hasn't been able to be unlocked either for a tune.

And it was attempted by someone that had tuned earlier models of the Gladiator.

He said there were 'rolling codes' in the security on mine. Something that was not present previously.

So I am thinking the issue is a software upgrade more than the hardware.

PM me and I'll give you my phone number and we can talk further. As I want similar to you.

I am going to post on the US Gladiator forum and see if anyone can provide any more information too.
Post New Thread  Reply