Air Conditioner condenser leaking - anyone?? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 90 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roche View Post
Hi Trailhawk

I have been through the condenser pain on my 2011 Limited. Jeep wanted almost 2K for parts and labour. I ended up buying the condenser online for $500 with the receiver dryer. The Gas and Labour came to $600 ish.

Had it fixed yesterday while doing my 100K service.

Once you see that Green, it will slowly die and you get the swishing sound.

Cheers
Hi, Thanks Roche.

It was a sizable puddle from the get go and within the day it was noisy in side the car. The Wife took the car to Berwick today and the confirmed my diagnosis and will fix it on the 28th of Sept. They want $300 to R&R the bullbar though... which they can stick! I could argue that I should not be out of pocket for their faulty product but i might just remove it myself and take it to Jeep Mad Max style.
Old 02-09-2015
Jeepin' is incurable....

Liked 69 Times in 55 Posts

Knox did mine totally under warranty, including remove and refit of ECB bar...

Suggest you try a new dealer, but act dumb as to
(A) what problem is
(B) why you went there.
Old 06-09-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Yep same on my 2013 about a year ago. They removed/reinstalled my ARB bar and replaced under warranty.
Old 07-09-2015
Full Flexer

Yeah, I might have to have a talk to the dealer about the bull bar.
Old 12-10-2015
Full Flexer

Update (delayed):

I got the condenser replaced a few weeks ago at Berwick CJ. I spoke to Louise in service and after explaining the way the Bull bar came off and on to the Foreman there was no additional charge for removal. If anyone in the Vic south eastern region still goes to the dealer and wants a 'normal' person to talk to in service I would highly recommend they speak to Louise at Berwick.
Old 14-05-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 61 Times in 32 Posts

Looks like mine has fallen for this one.

I had swooshing sound and blowing hot air. Took it to an a/c place when they serviced and re-gassed but after a week it all happened again.

I have not looked for the liquid so will do that but I guess after so long it might be out of it.

It's out of warranty to so sounds like I need to dig deep to fix it. Especially given the Uneek bar needs to come off.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 14-05-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 61 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roche View Post
Hi Trailhawk

I have been through the condenser pain on my 2011 Limited. Jeep wanted almost 2K for parts and labour. I ended up buying the condenser online for $500 with the receiver dryer. The Gas and Labour came to $600 ish.

Had it fixed yesterday while doing my 100K service.

Once you see that Green, it will slowly die and you get the swishing sound.

Cheers
Where did you pick this one up from mate?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app