Springs Adventure Park Warwick? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Wheres the best spots to drive?
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-10-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 119 Times in 68 Posts
Default Springs Adventure Park Warwick?

Searched around and found a couple threads about organizing trips there but no real run down of the place or general info. I'm heading out there in a few weeks for a mates going away doo having never been there or any other 4wd park and having not really taken my JKU 4wding at all beyond a few sketchy hill climbs in some cattle paddocks. And having only really done beach runs in a few different vehicles (shorty pajero, rav4, old troopy) some years ago.

I'm hoping I can get some info about what to expect. What to look for, and what to avoid as well that might be beyond my vehicles and my own driving ability.

Also anything I need to know about it. I'll likely be there for 2 days and 2 nights and head off early the 3rd day or arrive really late on the first so I can squeeze in a couple visits to people I know out that way as well.

Things I can think of needing to know about are what amenities are there? toilets, showers, drinking water etc?

How far from it is a fuel station? I have a 20 and 2x5l cans I can take but expect I'll need to refuel at some stage.

The blokes I know that are going have been doing the 4wd thing a while and have spent serious coin on Patrols, old shorty cruisers and stuff and from what I gather are very capable units. There may be a JKU Rubi going but I could be the only Jeep.

Last thing I want to do it wreck it on its first outing so if I have to take a safer option anywhere in particular I will until I get to know it better and improve my own abilities. But I'd like to know if possible before I find myself stuck with no option.

I've got a 2010 JKU petty manual, 2" lift, 285 70 17 Trail Hogs, and have quicker sway D/C but haven't sorted out mount brackets so will be using cable ties. Front and rear bars also fitted. I want to try it out and learn a bit but also don't want to trash it straight up. I know the first thing I need to do when I get there is test the front out for clearance issues as I haven't done that yet with the new tyres as I don't have anywhere to do so. Hopefully that doesn't destroy the weekend before it even gets started.

I have no recovery gear of my own other than a shovel but others there I know have plenty and have compressors as well. Assuming I should drop a bit of air out as well?

Any info or advice appreciated.
Old 28-10-2014
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

The main tracks from the homestead to the camping areas are easy, I even drove in in front wheel drive with busted rear diff. Not much water out there, very dry. There are showers and toilets there also.

Don't worry about damaging your JK, theres plenty to drive that on the easy/medium side that won't bust ya Jeep.

Get yourself a snatch strap and rated shackle, nobody hates helping someone stuck more that someone without their own recovery gear.

Also worth noting, the biggest asset you have is airing your tyres down, at least 18-20psi.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 28-10-2014
Full Flexer

Thanks.

I'm more concerned if there's more extreme stuff the others will go and I'll follow and be left without any options.

Recovery gear was all on my Christmas wish list so don't want to rush out buying stuff so close as its probably all ready wrapped in a cupboard waiting for me. I do have a Tyre pressure gauge however.

I would think we'll driven tracks punctures are unlikely?
Old 28-10-2014
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Punctures happen on tracks, thats the nature of it. As for options, most areas have whats called "chicken tracks" that you will be able to navigate.

You will be surprised how well your JK will do. By sounds of it, it will outdrive you

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 28-10-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Punctures happen on tracks, thats the nature of it. As for options, most areas have whats called "chicken tracks" that you will be able to navigate.

You will be surprised how well your JK will do. By sounds of it, it will outdrive you
I agree with Jimmy you will be surprised where she will go
I have only been out there once and on my stock tyres and was able to keep up with the rest of the group i was with with no troubles. They have a great "playground" area that is worth spending some time in to get a feel for different obstacles etc and play with the brake assist traction control.
I ran my stock Tyres at 18psi & do the same with my 285/75's

Don't stress you'll have a ball
Old 28-10-2014
Full Flexer

A playground sounds like just the place to check out the front end. I'll probably get there forget about being cautious and get on the loud pedal. Would be dissapointed breaking it straight up from something I missed tho.
Old 28-10-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 48 Times in 33 Posts

Another place to think about is Janowen Hill 4x4... I rate it better than "The Springs". Better camp grounds, running creek with a few really good swimming holes. Has all amenities. Closer to Brisbane as well.

http://janowenhills.com.au/