WJ grand limited accessories and engine mods-V-8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2003
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WJ grand limited accessories and engine mods-V-8

Hi,
My first jeep (Grand Limited WJ V-8 2000). Can anyone tell me about the most preferred barwork,rails,steps,rear bar and carrier to fit please.
Also snorkel,l/r tank and any other accs to assist.Also any engine mods such as extractors etc to help with breathing and economy.Even with overdrive in,the motor seems to be revving a bit hard-2200rpm at 110,I imagined it would be higher geared?
Any other tips from owners who venture off road with their machines would be of assistance.
Thanks.
Old 09-11-2003
Not a very good stuntmam

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts

Bill, meet Billsta. He'll be replying to this thread pretty soon, as he seems to live off this board. If you have a look at some of the Grand Cherokee topics, you'll see his handywork.

btw Welcome!
Old 09-11-2003
Sticker Ninja!

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gday Bill & welcome,

I was in the same boat as yourself recently although with less intended mods for the moment. I found out that a snorkel you can't buy off the shelf from any of the local guys (that i know of so far). I'm in the process of having someone make me one and i'll keep you posted.

Extractors i've been told you can't buy off the shelf either due to clearance issues (lack of). Custom made would be your only option there and expect to pay big bucks.

Jeff's right, Billsta will be a good scource of info when he gets around to seeing this post.

good luck
Old 09-11-2003
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

hi

read turkey's reply + these infos might help you

off-the-shelf bolt on bits
well you can go to your local ARB dealer and grab a catalogue and there are all the bolt on bit you can get off the shelf here. ARB seems to be the only comp that has "goodies" for the WJ's
off the top of my head, you can get
- suspension package
- ABR bull bar w/ winch ~1000 for bar, ~2000+ for winch
- side steps (kingsley i think)
- Front lockers ~1500
- dual batteries ~depends on battery type
-long range tank (long ranger) ~1000
i can tell you what you cant get off-the-shelf here is
- rear bar with tire carries
- snorkel

opposite lock used to have a swing away rear tire carrier, last time i checked they are ~900

now there are other bolt on things that you can import from US or other places.
www.trailready.com - from some over the top rear bars with carriers, & boat look alike front bars.
i got my rock rails from "off road general store" http://www.offroadgs.com/
they are pretty good.
like all things they will cost a bit due to the heavy shipping cost. + tax + stamp duty etc. (thats is if you get it through some local store)

or you can have some dude custom make rear bar, swaing away carrier, & snorkel.

exhaust system
it has a 2.5" medrel bent all the way through, i personally think its pretty good system. if anything i'd look into the cat-back.. unless you're looking for some serious power upgrade. give it a K&N filter or the like and take it from there.

more power
http://www.kenne-bell.com/ good luck..

gearing
1, yes the D30 front end will have higher ratios availible, but im a bit weary about the rear44a.
2, the front end might not be as easy as changing R&P you might have to change the carrier as well.
3, maybe have a look at slightly larger tires? if i remember right, 2000WJ comes with 16" rims, & 245/70/R16 tires?
maybe ahve a crack at 245/75R16? that might lower the rev at 110.

other interesing info you might like to know (you too turkey)
1, 99-2000 WJ has a dodgey thermal fan, in some cases, adding the bull bar results in higher engine temperature. they chucked a big stink over this issue in the US, they ARB USA do not recommand the bull bar are not recommand to install on those 2 year models. BUT im not sure where we stand on this issue in Aust. (99 definietly, but i have to triple check with 2000 models.)
2, WJ rear Diff (D44a) is the same as the ones in Dodge Viper.

BTW i know nothing about WJ.......
Old 09-11-2003
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i talk too much
Old 10-11-2003
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

billsta you don't talk that much
Old 10-11-2003
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Bill i was at suburban and your car was there but you weren't what you doing to it now besides new tyres what size are they