any1 no good places round rocky????? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Wheres the best spots to drive?
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2009
TurboTJ

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default any1 no good places round rocky?????

hey has any1 got any good places 4 me 2 go in my tj....

thanks
Old 02-01-2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it would be handy if you told us your state/location
Old 02-01-2009
TurboTJ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Any1 no any good places in rockhampton

hey need new places 2 go in rockhampton area.
Old 03-01-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey bud. Just noticed this thread as well.

What sort of 4b action are you into?
Cruising the beach, nice (no damage) trail runs or the more extreme stuff?
There is a fair bit of varying stuff up byfield way, all the marked tracks are nice dirt road driving and some creek crossings etc.
For the more hardcore stuff I reckon you might need to hook up with some of the locals and check out some of the private property people have. Just be warned don't go in without permission (the locals definately dont like it)

Also around rocky the ARB boys are pretty heavily involved in just about any 4b comp/hard run in the area. They would be worth going and introducing yourself too. They are top blokes. They'll rib you about owning a jeep but it's all part of the fun.
There is also a local club that has outings all the time. They are called the CQ OFFROAD CLUB and they run everything from touring trips to competitions like the one at seone. If your a club kinda guy they are probably the biggest and have the access to the most land in the area. Worth checking out.

Anyway I hope I've given you some tips. If you are ever in yeppoon and want to do some reasonably hard tracks shoot me an email at currancustoms@live.com.au
I've got a bit of land just outside of Yeppoon with some mild tracks on it that are fun in a tj. Hopefully I might even get my old heap back on the go pretty soon...

Have fun
Old 03-01-2009
TurboTJ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks um hav been 2 5rocks few times, pitty they closed orannge bowl good place 2 go.
Old 04-01-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Since when has the orange bowl been closed?
We were up there last night. Few restrictions but it's still open.

There isn't that much hard stuff up there but I still love the fact that you can camp basically on the beach. Not too many places left where you roll the swag open to look at the rising sun over the ocean... Not places that I can afford anyway!!!

What sort of stuff have you got done to your TJ?
I've tried to run a few trips off this forum but no one ever seems to show up so I just ring my mates now and sort it out that way. I know a few jeep boys around but obviously being a rocky boy you'd know how over run by Nissans we are!! So we usually have a pretty mixed crew dungin around.

Like I said shoot us a email or come say hello if you see any of our cars around.

Dan.
Post New Thread  Reply