Post a Pic of your FSJ Here! - Page 22 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Early Model Jeep
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-02-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts

Hi Fen

We had a great coverage of NZ J20's some years back in Jeep Action Magazine. Got to visit a guy who maintained and restored them over there

Yours looks good

Thanks
Michael
Old 14-02-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
Hi Fen

We had a great coverage of NZ J20's some years back in Jeep Action Magazine. Got to visit a guy who maintained and restored them over there

Yours looks good

Thanks
Michael
Thanks Michael, it's getting there.

I'd like to read that article, is there somewhere to access it, or get a back issue?

Was the guy called Bill and based near Ashburton? If so I stopped in to see him over the Christmas holidays, and sadly found out his workshop, including a very straight J20 he had sold to the local Fire Station, and his fifties Bedford truck, had burned down just before New Year. If it wasn't Bill then I'd be really keen to know where to find this other guy, especially as Bill wasn't going to restock and keep the business running after losing all his new parts.

Fen

1979 J-20 flat-bed
1996 XJ Sport
Old 07-03-2012
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: FSJ
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default few more j20 pics

a few more pics hope these show the true colour a bit better. thought i might show a few pics of the flared guards too, previous owner had done them but the were in very poor shape, each guard took about 2weeks after work tweaking to get them looking good again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	53240   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	53241   Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	53242   Click image for larger version

Name:	016.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	53243  
Old 28-03-2012

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default My J20 / J10

Hey guys. this is some pics of my J20.
It used to belong to Ray Barker at american offroad. It was the last jeep ever built in australia.
Alot of people will know this car from Jamboree's over the years.
If anyone has any old pics of it i would love to get copies. just PM me. thanks .

thanks
Shae
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070531.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	53570   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070556.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	53571   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070534.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	53572   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070546.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	53573   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070547.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	53574  

Old 29-03-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's clean!

1979 J-20 flat-bed
1996 XJ Sport
Old 29-03-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 34 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofjeep View Post
Hey guys. this is some pics of my J20.
It used to belong to Ray Barker at american offroad. It was the last jeep ever built in australia.
Alot of people will know this car from Jamboree's over the years.
If anyone has any old pics of it i would love to get copies. just PM me. thanks .

thanks
Shae
Nice one Shae good stuff ...yeh i remember the J15 good to see it back ....i have some photos of it at some of the old jambos will scan them.. i know i have one of it in the mud at warragul 94 .....it disappeared for alot of years and had a fresian Cow looking paint scheme im so glad you saved it from that ...cheers Mick
Old 29-03-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 34 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickb View Post
Wow nice one Fen....I so like the peak on the roof of the cab i dont know why they got rid of it on the later models(maybe the dies wore out and they used the wagon ones??)...It also looks like you got wider standard rims over there??..anyway nice truck ..if anyone else is interested there is alot more of the NZ J20s on this site and lots of other great trucks a dodge ram and a dodge W200 just to name a few..cheers mick

http://www.111emergency.co.nz/S-W/VintageFire1980.htm

also does anyone know what the big thing is on the rear hub of the fire trucks it sort of looks like a hub odometer??
To answer my own question here..i found out they are hub odometers..in NZ they have some weird thing where they pay some tax or crap like that for the kilometers they do on certain vehciles....mick