2008 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8®: Quickest Jeep Ever - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > PORTAL > AUSTRALIAN JEEP NEWS
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2008
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default 2008 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8®: Quickest Jeep Ever

Chrysler Group’s Street and Racing Technology (SRT®) organization has shown that it knows no boundaries with the creation of the first four-wheel-drive SRT vehicle, the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8®.

It’s the quickest, most powerful Jeep vehicle ever created, offering astonishing on-road and all-weather ability and power. With a 0-100kph time in the low 5 second range – in wet or dry conditions – it’s the quickest SUV in Australia priced under $100,000.

Design **
Refreshed in 2008, the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8’s front fascia provides aerodynamic benefits by reducing lift and drag, while providing sufficient air flow to cool the 6.1-litre HEMI V-8 engine. The front fascia also helps increase brake-system cooling through integrated air ducts. The rear fascia incorporates an aggressive centre cut-out to accommodate dual 4-inch exhaust tips. Sill extensions result in another functional enhancement by creating additional down force.

The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8’s cabin has been further refined for 2008 with softer surfaces and a richer look and feel, including a dark slate grey interior colour, accent stitching, new instrument panel and centre console, a unique SRT-designed leather-wrapped steering wheel, and new cluster graphics and bezel finishes. Full instrumentation includes a 300-kph speedometer, tachometer and temperature gauges, all trimmed with a unique blue accent.
The MyGIG Multimedia Infotainment System is now standard equipment for the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 for 2008. This includes satellite navigation and reversing camera.

Consistent with its performance attributes, the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 comes equipped with power-adjustable, deeply sculpted performance front seats complete with uniquely patterned performance suede inserts to hold occupants during aggressive manoeuvring.

Engineering **
SRT engineers created the first SRT vehicle with full-time four-wheel drive by creating a new transfer case. They used the front half of a Jeep transfer case, chosen for its capability and light weight, and mated it to the rear half of a heavier-duty case, chosen for its ruggedness and ability to house electronic full-time, four-wheel-drive system components.

Under normal driving conditions, 5 to 10 percent of torque is directed to the front wheels, but as much of the 6.1-litre HEMI V-8’s torque that’s needed can be directed forward when additional traction or stability is required. Remaining torque is sent via a heavy-duty driveshaft to a Dana 44 rear axle.

Providing horsepower and torque to the unique SRT four-wheel-drive system is a specially tuned version of the 6.1-litre SRT HEMI engine, which was developed by adding more displacement, increasing the compression ratio and redesigning the cylinder heads, intake and exhaust systems for better flow and increased engine speed (versus the 5.7-litre HEMI). Power from the SRT 6.1-litre HEMI is sent through a special torque converter to an SRT-upgraded, five-speed automatic transmission with specially calibrated driver-selectable Autostick, which offers fully automatic or manual shift selection.

Chassis setup for the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 employs SRT-tuned dampers, unique sway bars and specially tailored spring rates and suspension bushings. Front suspension knuckles were redesigned to accommodate high-performance braking and steering systems. The ride height of the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is one inch lower than the Jeep Grand Cherokee, which lowers aerodynamic drag as well as the centre of gravity, and contributes to the vehicle’s stability and aggressive stance.

The braking system on the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 features four-piston performance brake calipers developed by Brembo, finished in black. These calipers work with 360 mm x 32 mm vented rotors up front, and 350 mm x 28 mm vented rotors in the rear.

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 formula **
• Functional, performance-oriented exterior design, featuring 20-inch forged alloy SRT wheels (20x9 front and 20x10 rear), front and rear fascias with air dam and cooling ducts; race-inspired interior appointments that include deeply bolstered seating and comprehensive instrumentation; benchmark braking; and world-class ride and handling characteristics
• The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is part of a line-up of SRT vehicles developed under the credo, “Race inspired, street legal”

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 04-08-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

why would you want a car like this. its not made for speed a commonwhore and falcoon will beat it on road and you cant take it offroad it gets beaten everywhere. and for the price you buy a V8 and a wrangler.

same for a trd hilux i suppose. but whatever floats you boat.
Old 04-08-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default 2008 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8®: Quickest Jeep Ever

Id buy it, lift it, and run it into the bush,,, just like you would any other Jeep,,,
It'll go anywhere and pull anything,,, and more power and speed than you need.
I want but cant afford!
Old 04-08-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You buy it to show X5,s and Cayenne's .....their rightful place.

The look on the face of a X5 or Cayenne owner when he gets out accelerated by a Jeep would be worth two SRT8,s.

Am i the only one here who hates German 4wd,s but loves German cars.
Old 04-08-2008
Head Honcho

Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ from WA View Post
why would you want a car like this. its not made for speed a commonwhore and falcoon will beat it on road
You obviously havnt seen one of these run then

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 05-08-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

there you go a 14.269 sec 1/4 mile a subaru forester 1994 svx will run that. and you then. pick one up for 10K that leaves $75,990 for your off raod car. the sedans would do it mid 13's yes the jeep is quick but you get for less money every where you go.
Old 05-08-2008
A.K.A Rentagheyde :-)

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah but the grands are shit hot driven a few at work now n there very nice..................... "win lotto buy srt...........................mmmmmmmmmm
Post New Thread  Reply