JK: 6.4 Hemi - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2012
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[

The Burnsville kit makes it alot easier, if you can spin bolts you'll be fine. Its more like a big game of memory that makes it hard[/QUOTE]

Thats me out then.
Old 04-08-2012
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by king bogan View Post
I've been watching your build on jko and I can't wait till yours is finished

Got a link ?

Old 19-08-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudge View Post
Got a link ?
Sorry mate can't find it, must of been taken down for whatever reason. Was called project motech down under, hopefully he'll start a thread on his build soon.

Well got back the other day, spent most of friday driving round getting bits n pieces and organising stuff for the motor.

Yesterday was pretty disappointing. Was hoping to trial fit the engine but i've either lost or never received the bolts to mate the gearbox and engine together. So I've just used some make do for now bolts, but then ran into the problem of trying to lift the thing into place and get it off the pallet. One of those days where you should have a drink instead.
Also the mating surface of the 2 is pretty average, only 4 bolts hold it together across the top. The flywheel is left pretty exposed and is only covered with a flimsy plate. My last clutch on my stocker only lasted 20k with all the mud and sand that got through the vents, so I guess I'm gunna have to set money aside soon for a new clutch for this gearbox too.
Also the right side extractor won't fit over the starter motor, burnsville do say you need to chop the flanges and re-weld them at a different position but this won't solve my problem. So custom headers are gunna have to be fabbed up. $1200 wasted

Today we probably got the engine in and out about 4 times, as bits and pieces clashed. Good learning experience I tell ya.

As you can see the oil filter is a tight fit with the pit arm swinging pretty close on full lock. The coilpacks on the opposite side rub the battery housing so that will get a trim. The last photo is what caused alot of nightmares. The clutch master cylinder makes it very hard to squeeze the engine by. I guess if you have the right tools it would make it much easier. Using a shovel handle to rotate the engine in the air while trying to get the engine mount bolts in makes some interesting words to come out...at both ends

Tomorrow I've got enzed coming round to make me some braided fuel lines. He'll also do my brakes (lengthen them for future lift), clutch and power steering as the reservoir gets relocated. I'm going to make a start on the wiring harness as that needs some modification. Also need to get bolts for gearbox and have a talk to some people about custom headers. Was hoping to make a start on the transfer case before I fly out again but thats not going to happen.
Old 19-08-2012
LokRinger

Liked 1,754 Times in 556 Posts

Will having the oil filter point straight down help you? Can just remove the angled housing and fit straight to the block like I did on mine here, about halfway down the page.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...t=97856&page=8

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 19-08-2012
LokRinger

Liked 1,754 Times in 556 Posts

Got any photos of the headers you can't use for this? I take it they came with the kit?

Is this them?
http://www.4ws.com/jk-hemi-conversion-headers.html

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club

Last edited by Gojeep; 19-08-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 19-08-2012
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post
Will having the oil filter point straight down help you? Can just remove the angled housing and fit straight to the block like I did on mine here, about halfway down the page.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...t=97856&page=8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post
Got any photos of the headers you can't use for this? I take it they came with the kit?

Is this them?
http://www.4ws.com/jk-hemi-conversion-headers.html

Ah cheers for that, i'll take a look and hopefully can do something similar

Nar the headers that came with the kit are the factory srt8 ones

Old 20-08-2012
Established Member

Had enzed round and collect the lines. They have to make them at the workshop as they have to pressure test and such to be approved for on-road use. Was really helpful and used to have a few comp trucks he race in WA.

Sorted out most of the wiring harness. A few plugs had to be re-routed to reach their spots.

All clean up

Thats it till i get back from work again in a few weeks.
My fuel,brake and clutch lines should appear before then, which should let me chuck the engine in for good and take her to the exhaust shop for some custom extractors and the exhaust system welded up. Looks like I could meet my expected finish time of october-ish
Post New Thread  Reply