CJ 10 project - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Early Model Jeep
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2021
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 38 Times in 23 Posts

Some more bits and pieces done, new tail lights and headlights fitted. some work done on straightening the front guard but more yet to do. Tonight I made a replacement headlight adjuster for the drivers side headlight.

New Headlight adjuster made from aluminium with a plastic rivet as a thread holder for the adjuster screw. I was going to use a rivnut but I only have metric ones and the screw is imperial

Fitted in position

Regards,
Tote
Old 07-04-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

It’s going to be a great old farm truck. Well done !
Old 10-04-2021
Senior Newbie

A bit more work, The new door restraints turned up the other day so I did them. You'd reckon that after the first tec screw didnt work you'd stop and think of a better way to stop the door, but apparently not.....

I ended up making some plates with rivnuts in them to get the bracket mounted. there's a bit of work ahead repairing the door

The passenger side came up a lot better......

Some more massaging and the front guard looks a bit straighter now.

Drivers side rubber flare fitted as well. It doesn't look as good as the rear TJ ones do but it should be OK for rego.

Regards,
Tote
Old 24-04-2021
Senior Newbie

The park /indicator lights arrived the other day so I set about making some backing plates for them. The lights are from a Massey Ferguson 200 series tractor.

Not perfect but a whole lot better than the old ones and should work to get through the pink slip. The lights were about $60 a pair

Regards,
Tote
Old 24-04-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Those indicators look better than the originals. If it were a custom build, I’d get an ‘insert’ fabricated to fit your lights or led’s the same size.

Old 28-04-2021
Senior Newbie

Some new rims and secondhand rubber makes a difference.

Rims are 16x7 Dynamics with +8mm offset which just brings them in nicely under the rubber flares. Tyres are 265/75-16 which is within a poofteenth of the original 7.50-16 rolling diameter.

Edit: And I've just realised the parking lights are upside down on one side.... Doh!

Regards,
Tote

Last edited by Tote; 28-04-2021 at 08:34 PM.
Old 15-05-2021
Senior Newbie

Spent some time playing with water pumps today, the water pump was leaking when we bought the CJ and I put a Patrol unit on it only to discover that the pulley spacing is different between the Jeep SD33 and the Nissan one. Rather than try and find the correct water pump I decided to investigate the differences and see if I could make the Patrol unit work.

The two water pumps side by side.

Nearly 150mm from the back of the pump to the mounting face on the Patrol unit

Around 133mm on the old unit

After some investigation it appears that the shaft lengths are actually very close and most of the difference in length is taken up by the pulleys

The pulleys removed from the pumps

The original pulley pressed onto the new pump

All fitted up and working fine now. The pulley is pressed down the shaft a little further on the new pump but that does not cause any issues with the pulley or fan mounting.

Now it looks like the alternator has packed it in as its noisy and not charging so some more work to go.......

Regards,
Tote
Post New Thread  Reply