Can someone with a automatic JK sport (not rubi) help me? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-03-2010

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Can someone with a automatic JK sport (not rubi) help me?

Hi All,

I am interested in changing the diff ratio in my manual JK from the factory 3.21 to the 3.73 ratio offered with the automatic transmission. Unfortunately chrysler refuse to even look up the necessary parts without me providing a VIN number. Apparently they can't search without a vin. Obviously my vin will be of no use as my car is a manual so the returned parts will be incorrect.

The guy at the dealer told me to find a vin for an auto somewhere (I honestly can't believe how unhelpful he is - how hard is it to locate parts using a general search, honestly?). Anyway, I'm wondering if someone out there would be so kind as to provide me with the vin for your auto JK sport.

If you feel funny about providing a stranger with your vin I am happy to do whatever is necessary to prove I'm legit. If you're in Brisbane I can even meet/call you or give you the cash to collect the parts yourself. Otherwise I am going to have to find a parked one somewhere and read it off the rego label

Hope to hear from one of you!

Thanks,

Greg.
Old 31-03-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They can search without a VIN, but it is a pain in the arse.

I just had a look, & there is 3 entries for front diffs:
35I2 Front Axle 2WD
3DJ Front Axle Dana 186mm
3DJ Front Axle Dana 226mm

Obviously, the 1st is not correct, but which of the other 2 do you have?
(Sorry not a JK owner, so not up on full specs )

EDIT: When selecting 1 of the other front diffs, it give you a shit load of listings, with a note:
Sales Codes:
[DMC] Axle Ratio 3.21
[DME] Axle Ratio 3.37

EDIT 2:
What exactly do you need?
Case Kit & Ring & Pinion???

EDIT 3:
Okay, worked out the front diffs.

DJR Front Axle Dana 186mm (Sport?)
DJS Front Axle Dana 226mm (Rubicon?)

Last edited by Oldboy; 31-03-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 31-03-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 126 Times in 88 Posts

You would be better of getting 4.11s instead of the 3.73s
Old 31-03-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can't see a listing for 4.11 on the standard diff, only for the Rubi/D44 front end.

Last edited by Oldboy; 31-03-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 31-03-2010

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
Can't see a listing for 4.11 on the standard diff, only for the Rubi/D44 front end.
Exactly. I would definitely prefer the 4.11s if I could get them but no one makes them for the JKs dana 30 as fas as I can tell.

I would like to get front and rear 3.73 ring and pinions and possibly a front carrier too. As far as I know all the other parts are the same between the 3.21 and 3.73 diffs (bearings etc)??

Thanks,

Greg.
Old 31-03-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Theres no listing for Carrier, instead, looking at the diagrams, I would assume
Chrysler are using the term "Case Kit, Differential".
So you'd need to verify that with them.

Can't see any differences noted for bearings or shims etc, only the Gear Kits & Case kits.
They are marked as I noted earlier: DMC =3.21 DME=3.37

2009 Front:
68019 333AB [DME] Gear Kit, Ring & Pinion [3.73]
68026 549AA [DME] Case Kit, Differential

2008 Front:
68019 333AA [DME] Gear Kit, Ring & Pinion [3.73]
68026 549AA [DME] Case Kit, Differential

2008 & 2009 Rear:
68038 761AA [DME] Gear Kit, Ring & Pinion [3.73]

Regarding the Case Kit, that part number refers to the box marked 76.

EDIT: have you talked to Wooders, or some of the other site sponsors to see what they can supply?

Last edited by Oldboy; 31-03-2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Don't want to piss of dealers too much :D
Old 31-03-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 126 Times in 88 Posts

Try looking at 07 models as I have an 07 crd auto and it's got 4.11s standard