Long Rang Fuel Tank for WH. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-05-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default Long Rang Fuel Tank for WH.

G'Day Guys,

Just after any feedback you might have on the LRA 110 lt fuel tank for the WH.

Thanks,
Peter.

"Such Is Life"
Old 20-05-2009
Jeepin' is incurable....

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 69 Times in 55 Posts

A guy in MJOC has one. He fills it up with diesel, drives for days across the desert and fills it up again. Seems to do the job alright without compromising off road ability anywhere he's followed me, IFS holds him back more than than the LRT. His spare wheel lives on the roof.
Old 21-05-2009
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We've had one now for over a year and it is great. We keep the spare on the roof or in the boot. Would certainly recommend
Old 25-05-2009
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default 110Lt LRA Auxilary Fuel Tank

Had mine in since August last year, I have found it just great, it enables me to buy fuel economically when travelling.

LRA make a good product, it has a transfer pump to re-fill your "main" tank and twin filler tubes into the individual tanks so there is no compulsion to fill the auxilary tank all the time, has a very small LED fuel guage on the dash.

It bolts up straight onto the bolt holes that support the Mopar Towbar.
I also keep the spare on the roof in a roof pod, not the long term answer.

I started a rear wheel carrier thread, a couple of weeks ago.

There is the weight to consider, don't install a Medium set of springs if you're doing a lift, especially if you're using it as a tow vehicle as well - use the heavier springs.

I have had to replace my 992 OME mediums with 993 OME Heavy Duty springs as part of the 50mm lift kit. Sigh, joys of motoring cheers
Old 26-05-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Thanksfor that Johnv,

I already have HD springs a 50mm ome lift which came up 85mm in the rear and the tank is mainly for when i travel towing my van and i have WD hitch so the weight shouldn't be a dramar.

I've been carrying jerry's on the draw bar of the van but still only 40L's more and the Grands fuel consumption is very good at an average of 18.5L's/100K's towing a 3T van but when you like to wonder around the outback having that extra fuel is just reashoring.

And yes if you can fill up with cheaper fuel in a main town you might not have to pay $2/L at Cameron Corner.

Anyway it's on the list and i'll get one in a few weeks,

Quick Q, how did you do your duel batteries?

Thanks,
Peter.

"Such Is Life"
Old 26-05-2009
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Peter, I have posted on this subject before - I did get an auto electrician to do the wiring for me, the storage unit is mine.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=85446

Any further questions welcome - - - - cheers John