What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 141 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2022
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts

With a camper upgrade on the way, I've sold my roof top tent and needed (wanted) something to fill the gap on the uneek roof rack. I'd been searching for some slimline cargo boxes for a while but could only find very expensive Pelican boxes in the size I was after. Then I came across CAOS which seemed to fit the bill. I know they are another 4WD supercentre but seem to have some okay products. Anyway I've installed two of the 86L boxes and I'm pretty happy so far. I use them to store a table and chairs pretty much permanently for all our day trips. Any sandy / wet stuff goes in there too... unfortunately they don't fit the kids. The design lets you strap them down and still open the lid and they have gas struts. Will see how they go, the total height is about 2050 so still fit under most car parks. My next upgrade is hopefully a lift which will see the end of that though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof Boxes 1.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	79688   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof Boxes 2.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	79689  
Old 03-05-2022
Established Member

Liked 120 Times in 70 Posts

They look nice, can never have enough places to put crap! When we go out the boss demands a campfire that is visible from space (and if I'm being 100% honest I'm perfectly fine with that), so my roof space has to be kept clear for firewood.
Old 04-05-2022
AJOR Gold

Liked 118 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
It really needs the trailer connected to finish the set up. Assuming you're set in Automatic (Proportional) mode, the LED will glow red when braking with trailer connected. Also don't forget it needs 20 'braking events' to 'learn' its orientation and for the LED to stabilize.

My button is in the dash alongside the main lights switch. Needs to be visible and accessible.

My controller is in exactly the same spot but it drives me nuts,, because I constantly bump it with my knee when I get in and out of the Jeep.

Anyway, here is a pic of my new MountainTrailrv LXV 4.7 for you all to drool over!
Old 07-05-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts

I made up a bracket to test locating my lightbar switch and brake controller in the cubby (they've just been "floating" about in there "temporarily"). I'm pretty happy with it. I can reach it and see it fine. I'd like to do a full piece of ally the whole way across but integrating the GME poses some challenges. Anyway I'll do a bit of driving and see how it goes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch Bracket.jpg
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	79701
Old 08-05-2022
Established Member

Liked 113 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Windows tinted and Roof rack fitted.

Old 08-05-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 128 Times in 76 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm View Post

How’s the wind noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 660 Times in 375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm View Post

Good call on the Chief rails and Pioneer platform - I've got the same setup and pretty happy with it. I found aligning the rails was a bit of a bitch as a result of not going the full Chief system though

Post New Thread  Reply