The end of the world... #preppers - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2022
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts
Default The end of the world... #preppers

Hypothetical. There is a zombie apocolypse, world war 3, asteroid hits earth... Where would you go? What would you do?

Personally I would load my Jeep and camper trailer with all my canned and bottled goods and head somewhere with fresh water and fish... wivenhoe? Probably not far enough

Interested to hear if you've thought of it or what you would do?

Ps. Yes I've watched too much TV and played too many videogames
Old 17-05-2023
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the latest news leads me to the fact that it can really be fast - the climate is changing before our eyes
Old 18-05-2023
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,577 Times in 4,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
Hypothetical. There is a zombie apocolypse, world war 3, asteroid hits earth... Where would you go? What would you do?

Personally I would load my Jeep and camper trailer with all my canned and bottled goods and head somewhere with fresh water and fish... wivenhoe? Probably not far enough

Interested to hear if you've thought of it or what you would do?

Ps. Yes I've watched too much TV and played too many videogames
Get over it.
WW3/asteroid could happen. You could also be killed in a car accident. Are you running away so that doesnt happen?
If you are serious, you need help! Call LIFELINE!
Old 18-05-2023
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

A quick world ending event won't be the issue, as in it all goes bang at once like a asteroid. Mind you that muppet Biden is trying hard to start WW3 so there is that.

It will be Soros, WEF, WHO, Gates etc that will and are starting to cut food supplies, food types etc. It's gradual right now but happening and accelerating. Ask Dutch farmers how things are going after having all their farms taken off them and by law cannot do farming going forward. Just one of so many world changing things happening, slowly but surely.

Food prices are increasing and under of the guise of climate change, aka global warming which didn't scare enough people under that name, food prices and types of foods will start disappearing and going sky high ie. big fat steaks, fresh foods/fruits. Only be mass produced rubbish left.

Have a nice garden at home, do hydroponics, so easy. Rice/pasta is easy to keep in bulk. Stock what you like to eat, not just anything you can.

200L or more Chest freezer with portioned meat/mince good idea. Most of us have batteries, solar panels, inverters etc from camping, so to keep chest freezers running full time if power goes out it easy. A chest freezer will stay frozen for 3 days or more without power. Topping it up with batteries and inverters is stupid simple. Mine runs totally of solar and batteries for years, no issues except lower power bill.

I would stay put, in my house, unless its destroyed. My house I can protect, keep running, shelter, warmth. Everything is here, why bug out to a place to start over?

Bugging out always sounds awesome, but quite impractical in a SHTF event unless it's last choice.

A thread on storing foods and food types etc is a good idea for an open discussion. Not the why of it all, or why one does it, that just gets way political and boring. It's a good hobby.

People rapidly forget the beginning of covid. Hardly any good food on shelves ie. no pasta/rice/noodles/meats/loo paper etc etc at super markets. Being denied access into places if not holding the current 'certificate' on a QR code. Just 2 years ago it was a reality. That will happen again, much more likely than a asteroid.

You know who never worried, went out of food or water or supplies of any type?... me and my family. We were super sweet rode it out like champs and ate big fat steaks like kings. It was a good feeling knowing myself and family were totally taken care of. That's why I do it, for my family.

Edit:speeling

Last edited by Jeep GC; 18-05-2023 at 04:18 PM.
Old 20-05-2023
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The end of the world takes new forms nowadays. Mostly the general populace don't even know it occuring all around them.It's hidden behind multinational owned and run BS organisations with self interest as their goal.eghttps://substack.com/app-link/post?p...NDnYmJzKQ6ugFA
Not much point in being self sufficient if your in a cell for not complying with a poison jab mandate or had your power, internet, water,bank account,phone etc shut down because your social credit score is at zero.
It's a big club and you ain't in it. The one thing we have in our favour is we are the many but only together.
Post New Thread  Reply