How Test Driving a Wrangler - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2011
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

That's just ridiculous. How do they ever expect to sell cars if they won't let people test drive them. Whether you intend buying from that garage is another matter but they don't know that and should therefore treat everyone as a potential customer.

When I was looking for my 4dr CRD auto my local garage didn't have one but they had a 2dr CRD with the auto and a 4dr CRD manual and we're more than happy for me to test drive both to get a feel for the difference. This was well before figures were discussed so it's not like there was a guaranteed sale and in the end I didn't even buy from there (though I wish I had after hassle I had after buying from a different garage but that's another story).

It all goes to demonstrate their customer service ethics (unless they physically don't have a vehicle) and if they can't even be bothered to let you test drive one then I wouldn't be expecting them to be any more proactive when it come to after sales customer service (which is when you really need them!). The place who let me test drive the 2 JK's is where I now go for servicing and they're great. In hindsight I should have bought from them (ah the benefit of hindsight!) and certainly will do in the future.

Quote:
I understand there position, it's a new car and they don't want people putting miles on it unless there pretty confident there going to buy it
I would not expect to buy the same car that I test drove unless they were offering discounts on it as you don't know who else has test driven it so in reality it doesn't matter. Whether there's 100km on it or 2000km on it, once it's been used for a test drive it will be sold as an ex-demonstrator anyway so they don't really have an excuse.
Old 05-11-2011
searcher

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I would not expect to buy the same car that I test drove unless they were offering discounts on it as you don't know who else has test driven it so in reality it doesn't matter. Whether there's 100km on it or 2000km on it, once it's been used for a test drive it will be sold as an ex-demonstrator anyway so they don't really have an excuse. ??????WTF Really!

What do you think its used after a test drive? Its only a demo if there's plates on it.

A demo vehicle gets a bonus from the factory that is usually passed onto the buyer whether is 5klms or 5000.
Old 05-11-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Something is not right, I have bought a lot of cars over the years and I would simply walk away from a dealer with this attitude.
I just bought a Grand Cherokee, I towed my boat to the dealership with my JK and I said if the GC can pull it with ease I woul buy it. The salesman through me the keys and I towed my boat home (on my own). I then dropped the boat off drove back to the dealership and bought the car. When I bought the JK he gave me the keys and said see ya in 10 minutes.
Now I'm sure he picks hi mark and assess the situation, but this apart from a house is one of the biggest purchases we make. Like I said I'd walk if I was getting poor treatment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2011
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

that does not sound right. You have every right t test drive before even committing.

I too am in Adelaide and when i bought mine they had no issues and encouraged me to take one for a drive. That was Adelaide City Jeep
Old 05-11-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was a P plater in QLD when I got my jk, and they had no troubles letting me have a test drive in a brand new one. The only thing about it was that it had been sitting on the lot for a year so maybe they were desperate to sell it? Either way, it was still new. I don't understand how these places plan to sell their cars if the buyers can't get a drive in at least a demo model.
Old 05-11-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I rented one for a day and then went and bought one the week after. Just lucky we can rent jeeps on the gold coast i suppose.

Is it beer o"clock yet!!!!

2005 TJ
2003 KJ CRD
Little 03 Honda Jazz
Old 05-11-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 75 Times in 40 Posts

At worst, get on a flight to MEL and buy one there! It would make for a nice drive home...

Or talk to the decision maker, not the gumbies at the front counter.