WK2 Off Road Tyres - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-07-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Default WK2 Off Road Tyres

Who's fitted offroad tyres to your WK2 and up'd the size?

I've done 30k on the Khumos 265/60R18's and at best have another 5k if lucky.
About to get the Murchison suspension upgrade lift to my Laredo (no Q/lift).

We went 4WD'ing with a couple of mates last weekend here in Vic mud, and the guys with the AT's had to get snatched and the guys with the more aggressive block tyres got through.

If you've put the more aggressive tyres on, what brand and what size did you go for?

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 21-07-2013
Established Member

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default I am also interested in replacement tyres

scarps

I've done almost 20,000ks on the original Kumhos and I think I will be lucky to make it to 30,000ks. I am also looking for a better tyre. I used BGF ATs on my previous vehicles (80,000Ks to a set of tyres), but the GC is a different type of vehicle and tyres for the 18 inch rims are going to be expensive I think. So I am interested to see what your thread comes up with.

Gazz
Old 21-07-2013
Full Flexer

Thnx Gazz, anyone else?

Old 21-07-2013
Jeepin' is incurable....

Liked 69 Times in 55 Posts

There's nothing in the stock size at all. Your best option is 275/65/18 and then you have a range of semi ATs and even a few MTs but the latter, with the chunkier tread, don't always fit in to the spare wheel well.
Old 21-07-2013
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Check out Nicholas' WK2 Build thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
New shoes for the jeep today, maxxis bighorn 764's in 275/65r18 and 4 original rims. More pics in daylight to come

Old 22-07-2013
Full Flexer

Thnx for the info Guys. At this stage I have the Maxxis Bighorns 275/65R18, the Mickey Thompson LT275/70R18, and Cooper Tyres have the S/T Maxx LT275/70R18. There are wider sizes available in 305/60R18, but I suspect these would be too wide for the standard rim offset.

I don't mind the MT's, but the reviews state that these are a low km tyre (45,000km's), where the Coopers warranty to 70,000km's.

Appreciate any other info anyone can give.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Old 22-07-2013
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 158 Times in 79 Posts

Get another set of rims for muddies for use only when wheeling unless the noise and humming is not an issue. I have a mate with STT's says very slippery on wet roads. Another mate had LTZ's says we're good up until almost half way and then became so slippery on wet roads. Another mate is on his second set of Bighorn's and says good in wet and offroad as well. I ended up getting them myself but only use them offroad on another set of rims but use AT's around town.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Hemi4WD
Facebook: http://goo.gl/85r51x
Post New Thread  Reply