KK: In Dad's memory - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-12-2018

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

oh well, I just ordered this few days ago, after seeing the results really excited to fit them...
Old 19-12-2018
LokRinger

Liked 1,754 Times in 556 Posts

Mounted the old board from the XJ Cherokee to take my battery and fridge. I was surprised how much smaller the floor was as had to chop down both the width and length to fit. To keep the board down in place I have cut holes above the 4 tie down points in the board. Then I run a strap through them and over the board between them before pulling it down tight. This way the load is spread over a wide area to keep it secure on both sides.

I had to install a fridge slide as you could barely open the fridge before the lid would hit the roof. The floor height must be higher than the XJ so the spare tyre can live underneath. The slide was bolted through from underneath the board using mushroom headed bolts to stop them pulling through.

Having the slide does make it easier to lift the fridge in place too as well as get to things.

I found if you lift the lid right up just before reaching the end, and then fully extend the slide, you have hands free access.

It is that tight fitting the fridge in that I had to turn the rear handle upside down to fit it all in between the tailgate and the seat back.

The fridge battery I have mounted here so I don't crowd the engine bay and carry the extra 20kg around the rest of the year!

Everything is quickly removable without tools and without any modifications to the Jeep for mounting points etc.

I have the battery isolator mounted here and has auto reset fuses before going to the fridge battery. Terminated with an Anderson plug at the solar regulator.

Folded up a bracket to permanently mount the battery charger for when parked at home as it is not driven daily.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 19-12-2018
LokRinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKnut View Post
I suppose that could work but I believe it is considered illegal to operate fog lights constantly in some states. Perhaps something else instead, some led light bars have a DRL function in them.
I never use fog lights as rarely have it here. So might rewire the rears as extra brake lights and the fronts I thought of putting another LED globe in there to use as an additional high beam.

H10 9145 the manual says. I see H10's also come under 9005 which they do have and not a fog light globe so might work?

https://www.stedi.com.au/copper-head...rsion-kit.html

I'll wait to see what the new LED's are like on the open road first.

My web site:
Old 23-12-2018

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post

The stock lights are pretty bad on the KK. With the plastic lenses, I couldn't run the 145/100W bulbs like my XJ, as would melt them! So thought I would give LED replacement bulbs a try. The Australian and European versions of the Jeep have H4 bulbs with a high and low in one. https://www.stedi.com.au/led-headlig...sion-kits.html
Thanks for the write up, I got the same conversion kit but mine got a slight flicker on idle,i got a 2011 limited 3.7kk

Last edited by Clarky; 23-12-2018 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Just a clean up - to may photos to post twice
Old 29-12-2018
LokRinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.mohi View Post
Thanks for the write up, I got the same conversion kit but mine got a slight flicker on idle,i got a 2011 limited 3.7kk
There was a CANBUS for the 11 and 12 models and why you can't buy a Hypertech tuner for instance. This must have affected the lights as well. Did you buy the module to fix the problem now?

My web site:
Old 29-12-2018
AJOR Silver

Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts

Here’s an alternative that also opens up some other options: http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/....php?p=1643780
Old 29-12-2018
LokRinger

That looks good so let me know how you get on with the reader and software please. Maybe you can even set the right tyre diameter on these!

I have just had mine done by the dealer for the largest there that was on the JET edition with the 20" wheels and tyres, 245/50R20. That worked out at a 29.65" diameter which is 2% bigger than the rolling diameter I had with the 18" Limited wheels, 235/60R18 at 29". Speedo was already reading 3% fast so it is now spot on up to 100 kph but 1-2 kph slow at 110 for the 245/70R17 tyres which are 30.5".
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/jeep/liberty/2010/
I did notice better response straight away and even turned down my throttle unit down one bar.
He said there was a performance option that might be even better but he couldn't give me a tyre size or any more information about it but said it had to do with settings for performance type tyres and not the AT's tyres I have so didn't select it.

My web site:
Post New Thread  Reply