Why are car salesman such lying scum??? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2013
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Make sure you have a paper trail, get a detailed report from Kia Cannington about what they found.

Write a letter to the dealer requesting that the Carnival be repaired under the statutory 3 month warranty.

If they refuse ask for a written refusal detailing why/what reason the vehicle is not covered.

Even if they refuse to put it in writing the fact that you requested the information and did not receive it will be in your favour as you have shown you have made reasonable effort to resolve the issue when you lodge a complaint with the Department of Commerce WA.

There may be fees to pay if you lodge a claim (there is in NSW) but paying the fee and progressing to the next level will show the dealer & his insurance company you are serious.

When I had an issue and was told a flat out no from a company I submitted a claim with Consumer affairs NSW and in about a week I got a phone call from said company asking me how they could resolve the problem, so from my point of view it was worth the effort.

Good luck

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consum...%29_warra.html

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consum...laint_Form.pdf
Old 07-08-2013
Just Real Jeeps Club

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
Default Why are car salesman such lying scum???

Early model Kia Carnivals are well known for engine troubles, a friend of mine bought one for similar reasons & loved the car, but after 2 replacement engines due to a porous block leaking oil & head issues she was to scared to keep ip once the warranty ran out & traded in in for another falcon wagon with seats in the back, even though Kia told her the 2nd engine was an updated version with all the problems fixed.
there is a good chance your engine failed not from poor servicing but a known fault that should have been rectified during the warranty period & if that's the case a fault is covered under your warranty, you could check with Kia & they should be able to tell you be history of the engine & whether is an update or not, just a shame you have to go to these lengths to get anything done, not all insurance company's are the same, but typically dodgy used car company will sell dodgy products just for the sale

JRJ club
Just Real Jeeps
Built not bought

Black 1983 CJ8, Black 1994 XJ

http://www.justrealjeeps.com
Old 23-08-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default The reason Car salesmen are what they are!

I was a professional sales executive in the Computer Industry for 25 years and a successful one at that. It took a great deal of study and commitment and the development of many practical and personal skills in order to achieve the International Executive status I ended up achieving.
My experience therefore qualifies me well to comment on the many levels of "Sales person types" one is likely to come across in life.
To expect much in the way of open-ness,honesty or integrity from a Car Salesperson is a bit like expecting an oral hygienist to be capable of safely removing your appendix.
It does not take much of a brain to buy a car from one person and sell it to another. No long-term study, no schooling in ethics or bedside manner and certainly no practical skill whatever beyond being able to fill in a form and talk.
In the car reselling business, all of the mechanical work is carried out by someone other than the salesman.
The car salesperson's sole objective in life is to sell a vehicle for more than the business paid for it and if at all possible by doing absolutely nothing to it beyond washing and polishing it up to look good.
Most I have met are thick-skinned and quick to find excuses for incompetence and negligence that would not be accepted in any other sphere of business.

Sadly, many I have met simply do not care what anyone thinks of them. Which makes them perfectly qualified for the job!

Buy privately if you can, unless you find that little gem you just can't resist in some car yard that is waiting to catch you unawares in so many little ways that the long list might take you by terrible surprise were I to write it up.

Poppa
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/poppamadison

* A free track from any of my CD's is available to All forum members.
Old 17-09-2013
searcher

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaMadison View Post
I was a professional sales executive in the Computer Industry for 25 years and a successful one at that. It took a great deal of study and commitment and the development of many practical and personal skills in order to achieve the International Executive status I ended up achieving.
My experience therefore qualifies me well to comment on the many levels of "Sales person types" one is likely to come across in life.
To expect much in the way of open-ness,honesty or integrity from a Car Salesperson is a bit like expecting an oral hygienist to be capable of safely removing your appendix.
It does not take much of a brain to buy a car from one person and sell it to another. No long-term study, no schooling in ethics or bedside manner and certainly no practical skill whatever beyond being able to fill in a form and talk.
In the car reselling business, all of the mechanical work is carried out by someone other than the salesman.
The car salesperson's sole objective in life is to sell a vehicle for more than the business paid for it and if at all possible by doing absolutely nothing to it beyond washing and polishing it up to look good.
Most I have met are thick-skinned and quick to find excuses for incompetence and negligence that would not be accepted in any other sphere of business.

Sadly, many I have met simply do not care what anyone thinks of them. Which makes them perfectly qualified for the job!

Buy privately if you can, unless you find that little gem you just can't resist in some car yard that is waiting to catch you unawares in so many little ways that the long list might take you by terrible surprise were I to write it up.

Poppa
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/poppamadison

* A free track from any of my CD's is available to All forum members.
While this may be true for the majority it sure is not everyone.
Buy from someone that drives and believes what they sell and you might be surprised at the amount they actually care.
Ask the sales guy what they drive and you'll be surprised. I dont mean dealer supplied drive car either.
Old 30-03-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, after a couple of months of hassle, and Dept of Commerce basically telling us that the guy was dodgy as hell, but they don't have the power to do anything, I gave up... Sort of!
I traded the van, even though it was stuffed and had only half a motor to a large dealership here in Perth (Thanks, John Hughes!)
Also, they have put the arsewipe of a dealer (or should it be stealer) that I bought the van from on a Finance Blacklist. Now unless you have cash, you can't buy a car from the arsehole... None of the finance companies will touch him! They found out that he had not only ripped me off, but over a dozen other people as well. I can't wait until I see his yard empty and he gets closed down - because he can't sell any more dodgy cars!
Anyway, apparently the police fraud squad is also looking into his business... They seem to think that maybe he is breaking various state laws pertaining to the sale of second-hand vehicles... Hopefully the bastard gets charged too!
Dana 30's
Post New Thread  Reply