DPF Delete pics and dyno results! - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-03-2017
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Power & torque figures can be somewhat misleading.
For instance, Matt recently tuned a 200 Series Landcruiser. Admittedly it had mud tyres, which in fact can make quite a difference. The end result was 151.6 Kw at the wheels. Now....these things are meant to put out 195 Kw at the flywheel.
On the flipside, mine supposed to put out 184 Kw at the flywheel and after the DPF delete, tune etc, puts out 175.5 Kw at the wheels.

The power & torque lost through the drive line varies quite a bit between vehicle makes, which reflects in the dyno 'At the Wheels' figures.

Dyno machines vary quite a bit too.

The correct way to measure power and torque despite which dyno machine you use, is to test the before and after difference and add that percentage difference to the factory (claimed) flywheel output.

Hope this makes sense?

Cheers, Craig
Old 29-03-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 90 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
Yeah I noticed the odd figures. But getting up towards 800Nm with the tune seems a bit hard to believe too.

Agreed. The before and after torque numbers and the percentage of gain can be used to roughly calculate flywheel torque. It would not have picked up 40% torque... period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29-03-2017
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee30D View Post
Power & torque figures can be somewhat misleading.

For instance, Matt recently tuned a 200 Series Landcruiser. Admittedly it had mud tyres, which in fact can make quite a difference. The end result was 151.6 Kw at the wheels. Now....these things are meant to put out 195 Kw at the flywheel.

On the flipside, mine supposed to put out 184 Kw at the flywheel and after the DPF delete, tune etc, puts out 175.5 Kw at the wheels.

The power & torque lost through the drive line varies quite a bit between vehicle makes, which reflects in the dyno 'At the Wheels' figures.

Dyno machines vary quite a bit too.

The correct way to measure power and torque despite which dyno machine you use, is to test the before and after difference and add that percentage difference to the factory (claimed) flywheel output.

Hope this makes sense?

Cheers, Craig

What he said. [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29-03-2017
Full Flexer

All DPF pipes have been sold and posted, I will order another batch soon. For people who have got them coming and a tune from one of our dealers all sensors must be disconnected from the pipe contrary to the images. Additionally, I found that if being used with the catback system I provided a little while ago, you may need to find you have to remove around 10mm from the slip on flange of the catback, so the system fits a little further forward and will not cause a clearance issue further back in the system. This will obviously be resolved with the next system. If it's fitted with the standard system, no modification will be required.
Old 30-03-2017
RubiconSlammer

Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Did my first fuel fill since the DPF delete, tune etc.
Pretty much a normal tank apart from towing a 2 ton loaded trailer back from Melbourne in stop / start traffic, and a short stint towing my 2.7 ton boat.

Managed to squeeze in 72.8 Lt after travelling 924 Klm's, giving me a fuel reading of 7.87 Lt per 100 Klm's.

Have to be happy with that!!

Cheers, Craig
Old 30-03-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 293 Times in 185 Posts

It's still an ECU out job for the WK2 isn't it? No OBDII tuning. I know the ECU just slides out but just wondering.
Old 30-03-2017
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCDingo View Post
It's still an ECU out job for the WK2 isn't it? No OBDII tuning. I know the ECU just slides out but just wondering.

Yes mate.
Post New Thread  Reply